What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Oh and this happened today
afad75c129a352365fb5e54d596d11f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well fellas, my Rona test came back positive. Quarantined until the 27th. Only symptoms for me was achy and chills starting saturday afternoon. No fever coughing, sneezing, loss of smell, etc. Fucking sucks. Should finish off the last of the good weather here. At least I have Tiger woods on my phone, and Golf clash to keep me occupied. That, and I'll be out just in time to cast my straight rebublican vote Nov 2..
It ain't all bad. My buddy up the street ran to the liquor store for me today and picked up a couple bottles of vodka. Hot tub is in great condition.....

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Well fellas, my Rona test came back positive. Quarantined until the 27th. Only symptoms for me was achy and chills starting saturday afternoon. No fever coughing, sneezing, loss of smell, etc. Fucking sucks. Should finish off the last of the good weather here. At least I have Tiger woods on my phone, and Golf clash to keep me occupied. That, and I'll be out just in time to cast my straight rebublican vote Nov 2..
It ain't all bad. My buddy up the street ran to the liquor store for me today and picked up a couple bottles of vodka. Hot tub is in great condition.....

That sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Sorry to hear that Robert but glad you're not having more severe symptoms. Hunker down and ride it out bro. You get good weather much longer than us northerners so you'll probably still have plenty of slices to hit before the end of the year.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sorry to hear that Robert but glad you're not having more severe symptoms. Hunker down and ride it out bro. You get good weather much longer than us northerners so you'll probably still have plenty of slices to hit before the end of the year.
Thank, Tony.
When I called my supervisor yesterday to tell him the test results, I believe he told me 10 others in operations alone. (~220 people) are out with Covid ( and covid exposure) right now

Last edited:

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thank, Tony.
When I called my supervisor yesterday to tell him the test results, I believe he told me 10 others in operations alone. (~220 people) are out with Covid ( and covid exposure) right now
Our numbers in the last 30 days are higher than Mar - Sep totals. It's just running crazy right now. 10 others wow hope you can still run okay - I like cheaper gas

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
get well soon @Redneck_toy !

my county at one point in the last two weeks was lowest in the country for rates. we're creeping up slowly but so is everyone. they just shut a local college down (sent all the kids home for remote learning)
My daughter transferred to Texas Tech this fall, and all her classes are online. Think she might have the odd lab to go to, but that's it. Funny, the tuition didnt go down due to this......

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So, blaming my current illness, resulting in boredom, I've been perusing the old interwebs. Came across what I would call a hell of a sale.
Seems PXG has their 0211 clubs ( very similar to the Taylormade P790) on sale for $89/ club ( down from $189) through the end of the month. Both are similar construction. The PXG is just .5* stronger in the lofts, and a touch longer in the blade length. This is 1* lower from my current Ping G400's I play now. I purchased a set of these from 6i through GW, reg. Loft/ lie, steel shaft, reg. flex for $640 shipped. I fully expect these fine clubs to lower my current scores from a current 15 hc. Down to 5.
Lol.
Seriously though, it's a hell of a sale. Current vids vs. The TM P790 are impressive, at almost 1/3 of the price.
My current set of Ping G400 4-pw cost me around $1000 3 yrs ago, and I have ever only played 6- gw.
Really interested in the graphite shafts, but never having tried them, cannot pull the trigger.

Last edited:

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I usually am when the conversation isn't with the wife.
Was gonna go to Ok City in a few weeks for a full bag fitting at club champion for $350. After talking to the wife, she said she didnt give a crap one way or the other if i bought them, or not. 10 minutes later, the order was in. LMAO.
Really love the P790, other than the shorter blade length. Kinda scary for my HC. While these aren't forged like the new 790, they are cheap. A lot cheaper.