What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
played yesterday. last minute invite. played one of the regular dog tracks. was in solid shape. three of us went around in about 3:15. Shot a 97 - my early extension (which translates into left pulls that draw further left) showed up. So I was fighting the left side all day. Had some nice shots in there too. Can't complain its been a few weeks.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I think I shot 87. Had 42 on the front and then fell apart somewhat on the back side. Was good to just be out and it looks like this coming weekend will be good weather

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Shot an 87 today in a 5-10 mph wind. No excuse, but been rebuilding my swing starting with the setup. Actually have a lesson tomorrow at 4:30

EDIT: just to rub it in to some of you Yankees, it's still 90* here in the Lone Star State. Shorts and sun shirts still reign, for now
And theres no derogatory meaning to the term Yankee from me. Yall get nice summers, and brutal winters. I'm cold natured, so 105-110 in the summer ain't too bad. We have really low humidity

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Shot an 87 today in a 5-10 mph wind. No excuse, but been rebuilding my swing starting with the setup. Actually have a lesson tomorrow at 4:30

EDIT: just to rub it in to some of you Yankees, it's still 90* here in the Lone Star State. Shorts and sun shirts still reign, for now
And theres no derogatory meaning to the term Yankee from me. Yall get nice summers, and brutal winters. I'm cold natured, so 105-110 in the summer ain't too bad. We have really low humidity

72° and sunny on Tuesday up here 1hr south of Duluth (Lake Superior). Way better for golfing than that crap you played in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Almost made the whole year with out getting paired up with jerk offs.... played ok anyway but it was a grind. 18 over. This morning i was like “whites”??. They were like “na, way too close, ha ha ha , tips,”. They topped on every tee. They were both playing full fitted PXG bags with their names on them, thats like 11k$ in 2 bags ?? Quit talking to me on the front, i assume when they realized i was spanking them with “cheap gear” and i didnt top or duff 1 shot all day. They took 2 to get off tips all day, then played the tree line all day. 3 putted most the day with Scotties. Then had the balls to call and bitch about pace of play to the club house cause the group front of us was “holding us up”. +7 on front. +11 on the back and i checked out mentally on 13. Couldnt take them anymore lol. Fantastic weather for a 5 hour round though.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Almost made the whole year with out getting paired up with jerk offs.... played ok anyway but it was a grind. 18 over. This morning i was like “whites”??. They were like “na, way too close, ha ha ha , tips,”. They topped on every tee. They were both playing full fitted PXG bags with their names on them, thats like 11k$ in 2 bags ?? Quit talking to me on the front, i assume when they realized i was spanking them with “cheap gear” and i didnt top or duff 1 shot all day. They took 2 to get off tips all day, then played the tree line all day. 3 putted most the day with Scotties. Then had the balls to call and bitch about pace of play to the club house cause the group front of us was “holding us up”. +7 on front. +11 on the back and i checked out mentally on 13. Couldnt take them anymore lol. Fantastic weather for a 5 hour round though.

LOL - so you're one of those guys who plays from the tips now ???

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So, I broke down and took a lesson last Thursday from a kid at the course that plays for Arizona State. I told him I wanted to work on consistency and dispersion, not really caring if I hit a fade or draw.
He had this app on his ipad that will record your swing and play it back side by side with another recorded swing. First off, my swing looks nothing like it feels. Two flaws were apparent. One was weight shift, the other swing plane. I really thought I had flattened my swing out this year. Dead wrong. Top of backswing showed I stand the shaft up pretty bad. Now it really feels like I'm hitting a baseball off a tee ball stand. Not hitting off my back foot has been the hardest to change. Only got all this right a handful of times during the lesson, but had a slight draw, and was hitting range balls farther than I hit a premium one.
Have Thursday off, so gonna take the lesson on the course and hope for the best

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
@Redneck_toy theres a drill where you put your right toe on your left heel for hitting full shots, helped me a ton. I also used the “drive the spike” drill for hitting “down through” the ball. Not a coach by any means, but helped me. My issues currently are my driver and my putting. Putting is getting better, 2.6 average to 1.8 this year. Driver is a wreck. Straight is only about 220 and flight is super inconsistent. For me to get it over 250 it starts slicing. I switched to my 3 iron Sunday and i was hitting that 215 straight.

Last edited:

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Redneck_toy theres a drill where you put your right toe on your left heel for hitting full shots, helped me a ton. I also used the “drive the spike” drill for hitting “down through” the ball. Not a coach by any means, but helped me. My issues currently are my driver and my putting. Putting is getting better, 2.6 average to 1.8 this year. Driver is a wreck. Straight is only about 220 and flight is super inconsistent. For me to get it over 250 it starts slicing. I switched to my 3 iron Sunday and i was hitting that 215 straight.

Would love to hear more about that drill. Is it similar to "stepping through" the shot ?