What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Gonna replace mine myself as soon as the tape comes in. My buddy worked in a golf shop for three years, and said he'd show me how. Said it takes all of 20 minutes for him. YouTube videos make it look real simple, just two way tape and lighter fluid....
I bought the wedge brothers setup with fluid, tape, and the clamp for the vise. $14

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Swapped out all my iron grips (6) today in a matter of 30 minutes or so. Its damn easy. Grip tape wasnt bad at all, but the irons are only a year and a half old. If I'd have had a hook blade for the knife, the time would have been cut in half. Had to pull every wrap off individually due to cutting through. Need to order 7 more grips to complete the set. The pro only had 7 on hand. Just gonna buy a roll of 2 way tape and some lighter fluid for all future swaps, as the grip lubricant I have now is 4x the price of Ronsonol. Its damn slick though

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Swapped out all my iron grips (6) today in a matter of 30 minutes or so. Its damn easy. Grip tape wasnt bad at all, but the irons are only a year and a half old. If I'd have had a hook blade for the knife, the time would have been cut in half. Had to pull every wrap off individually due to cutting through. Need to order 7 more grips to complete the set. The pro only had 7 on hand. Just gonna buy a roll of 2 way tape and some lighter fluid for all future swaps, as the grip lubricant I have now is 4x the price of Ronsonol. Its damn slick though

Yeah dude it’s super easy. I think the “grip fluid” is just mineral spirits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Shot a 41-42 for a decent 83. Funny thing is, is that I had several bad shots that either bounced off a tree and into the fairway, or had a miraculous recovery shot. Honestly amazed i shot that low.
Chipping was fair, but way better than it has been.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Shot a 91 yesterday. Driver was in reasonable shape and I found my wedges for a day so that helped!! I had a few 8s on the scorecard so the score should've been far lower.
My last round Thursday had the same problems as you. Ended up shooting a 51- 44 for a 95. My swing was just disintegrated. I chalk it up to the previous week, my 7 off, and me playing 7 rounds in 6 days.
Too much golf. Going out today. Course opens at noon on Mondays. Hopefully my mid to low 80's scoring returns. I'll keep yall posted