What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Too much golf. Going out today. Course opens at noon on Mondays. Hopefully my mid to low 80's scoring returns. I'll keep yall posted

I also meant to add that there's no such as too much golf!!

My yearly golf trip when we play 7 rounds over four days is usually when I play my best golf. (i also tend to play quite a bit leading into if I can to work on things).

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I played Sat and Sun and struggled both days. Swing is just off on everything. I find I'm not really focusing on it as much with the restrictions, foam and cold snap. I think it was low 90's each day. League on Wed so hopefully I can get back in the groove.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I played Sat and Sun and struggled both days. Swing is just off on everything. I find I'm not really focusing on it as much with the restrictions, foam and cold snap. I think it was low 90's each day. League on Wed so hopefully I can get back in the groove.

Yeah all this free time is useless if I can't practice!!

Still haven't built my backyard hitting area (mainly because we decided to replace all of our kitchen cabinet doors and are using shady wood from home depot)

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well, started out strong, but finished with a 97.
Not sure if alcohol was the culprit or not. I mean, I usually drink a lot while playing, but I seemed to lose it pretty good after hole 7. Surely it cant be the beer.....

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well, started out strong, but finished with a 97.
Not sure if alcohol was the culprit or not. I mean, I usually drink a lot while playing, but I seemed to lose it pretty good after hole 7. Surely it cant be the beer.....
I mean if you do it all the time then no :) Unless of course you regularly shoot in the mid / upper 90s! Then maybe. But its probably the clubs, time for new ones.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
subbed in the work league last night. Played Blue Heron - has a VERY tight and water-full back 9. I enjoy the course, but hate that 9. Shot a 44 and took 6.5 out of 10 points for the guy I was subbing for.

Cannot complain at all. Would've been lower if I didn't pull driver a few times (and i KNOW better - I've played the course quite a bit)

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This game !!! After a hideous couple of weekend rounds - tonight was a 2 over 37. I have nothing really to attribute it to other than the great El Centurion @SoCal Gunner bombed me that I smoked while playing. It must have been the cigar.

And to @Redneck_toy ....... Robert, you are a dick. I was helping our opponent look for his ball in a high grass area and I found what I thought was it. Nope, it was a Bridgestone. Turning it over I saw the "Shanked by Tony" on the other side. Haven't played those balls this year so lucky me to have found it after a year !!!!

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
And to @Redneck_toy ....... Robert, you are a dick. I was helping our opponent look for his ball in a high grass area and I found what I thought was it. Nope, it was a Bridgestone. Turning it over I saw the "Shanked by Tony" on the other side. Haven't played those balls this year so lucky me to have found it after a year !!!!

Thats awesome!

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I’ve been hella busy guys but still playing but a little change, our home course the Jones Course at Oglebay Park which they are trying to make it Oglebay Resort, long story short for any pass holder they now won’t let you play before 11 and everything is for the resort guests and out of town people so the locals are all leaving and and saying screw this. I still have a free pass from the university but to buy a pass it’s close to $2k because it’s a $70+ course not to mention it’s always packed in the summer and waiting on every hole. This all happened after they got some new ceo and pga professional. So I left and joined Moundsville Country Club which probably has the nicest kept course around. It’s flat links style on the river, with pretty sloppy greens and super fine sand. Love it down here another reason I joined was because I couldn’t take lessons of Roy currently because with Covid they are not letting any guests down here so that meant no lessons.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Joined our Ryder Cup team this weekend. We are supposed to get 5 challenges in. I did three this weekend. Won the first challenge when the other guy hit one OB on hole 15.
Went out yesterday morning with my buddy from work whom I talked into joining the team as well. 9 hole challenge on the front, and I won by 1.
He re challenged me on the back nine, and proceeded to stomp a mud hole in my ass by going 4 up through the first 4. Pushed hole 14, so down by 4 with 4 to play. Ended up coming back and squaring the match on 18. Got to keep my #19 spot on a 24 man team.
Match play is definitely a different animal. The blow up holes only cost you 1.
Ryder cup is happening July 10-12, in the neighboring town of Dalhart. Should be fun.
It was 103 all weekend, with 20 mph winds.
Sucks to play in, but beats working

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I played Saturday and shot my worst round in a while. 104. It was a massacre.

I have bad days but I can usually keep it below 100. Not saturday. Shit off the tee, shit with irons. Once I got near the green my wedges were fine and my putter was fine. But it took a LOT of strokes to get there every hole :(

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
And Tony, that is exactly what I envisioned when I ordered you those balls. Lmao
I know you did and you got that part of it. Still waiting for the other side where someone comes up to me with one of my balls they found......but I know it's coming.
Congrats on making the Ryder Cup team ya hack !

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Shot a 3 over 38 from the tips tonight. My fade is pretty consistent, which is discouraging, cause it was all but gone last month. Anywho, stroked the ball really well

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played a local private club (Midvale) for the first time yesterday. Temp read 100 degrees (and humid). Walked the first five holes and thought better of it (5->6 takes us past the pro shop so I picked up a cart).

Shot a 90 - with two triples and three doubles. At least two of those triples should not have been (no penalties all round). I had 38 putts as well. Just not used to real greens this year. Happy with the outcome and how I was hitting it, just some silly mistakes