What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
6 over 41 in league last night after blowing the tee shot OB on #9.......
Tonight a 3 over 39 at a course my brother works at as a greenskeeper

@Redneck_toy @mitetak have to report I've been trying out the Snell golf balls and so far I really like them. Been hitting the MTB-X which is their higher spin ball and seeing extra distance and great control. I bought the test pack so eventually I'll move on to the regular MTB Black and compare

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
6 over 41 in league last night after blowing the tee shot OB on #9.......
Tonight a 3 over 39 at a course my brother works at as a greenskeeper

@Redneck_toy @mitetak have to report I've been trying out the Snell golf balls and so far I really like them. Been hitting the MTB-X which is their higher spin ball and seeing extra distance and great control. I bought the test pack so eventually I'll move on to the regular MTB Black and compare

So I'm a high swing speed kinda guy (I push 110 with my driver) - I ran the MTB Black for a while. Last season I switched to the MTB-X. I haven't looked back since.

Haven't played in a bit - might get out Sunday. Do have a wednesday round next week at Ravenwood with my old man for belated father's day.

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few new goodies, felt it was time to retire my old Callaway nikon Diablo rangefinder. Gonna try to sell it for $75 or trade it for some smokes.
Got the new Bushnell pro XE which is the new top end model and man this thing is a beast.

Gave the exp balls a try, I’d say they are like a nxt tour more then a pro v avx line. Still a good ball but spins a little more for sure.103572A3-871F-4C1D-BC33-533011172F59.jpeg9691497E-5A5C-406A-A1D8-6DB89B0B3F7C.jpeg78836BAA-1421-45ED-9F78-9F86E148BE89.jpeg
103572A3-871F-4C1D-BC33-533011172F59.jpeg9691497E-5A5C-406A-A1D8-6DB89B0B3F7C.jpeg78836BAA-1421-45ED-9F78-9F86E148BE89.jpeg

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
85 this morning and @Redneck_toy I hit that ball I had found into some trees on 18 and never found it so now there's another opportunity I may someday cross it's path again
Funny you said that, Tuesday I was playing and on hole 6 about a 420yd par 4 with large green side bunkers, I had about 148 so 8 iron turned it over a tad much and went in the left side bunker. Couldn’t find it to save my life. Next day I go out to play get to hope 6 take another look in the bunker and that balls sitting pretty lol.

Last edited:

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played yesterday. 90 and humid. Front 9 - we wait on EVERY hole. I shot a front side 51 with an 8 and a 10 on the first two holes, hurt my thumb as well. So I spent the round fighting my grip with the thumb discomfort. My swing was off as well (goat humping extraordinaire).

Shot a 51 on the back for a sweet 102. However we played the back a full half hour quicker (1:45)

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Havent played since a week ago Thursday. Had 4 Ryder cup challenges going at once. Hit a fat shot on hole 2 and felt something in my left pectoral muscle, but it wasnt hurting. Hole three, par 5, pulled first 2 tee shots OB. Carded a 5 over on that hole. Went and found both OB balls, and they weren't 20 feet apart. Kept going downhill, and by hole 5, had lost every challenge. Shot a 50 on the front nine.
Off the Ryder cup now. Probably for the best since I must have screwed my pec muscle up pretty good. No way I can swing a club. Sucks this happened in the middle of summer. Looks like I'm done for at least a month.....

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Havent played since a week ago Thursday. Had 4 Ryder cup challenges going at once. Hit a fat shot on hole 2 and felt something in my left pectoral muscle, but it wasnt hurting. Hole three, par 5, pulled first 2 tee shots OB. Carded a 5 over on that hole. Went and found both OB balls, and they weren't 20 feet apart. Kept going downhill, and by hole 5, had lost every challenge. Shot a 50 on the front nine.
Off the Ryder cup now. Probably for the best since I must have screwed my pec muscle up pretty good. No way I can swing a club. Sucks this happened in the middle of summer. Looks like I'm done for at least a month.....
Oh that sucks Robert, especially if you're laid up for a while. Our Ryder cup is this weekend. 4 ball matches Sat at their club and singles Sun at ours. Couldn't hit a thing Wed night in league so I hope that's all out of system.
Hope it's not as bad as you're thinking with that injury. Heal up bro.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

Whoa take it easy and heal quickly!

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So I mentioned playing Sunday and hurting my thumb. Took my dad out to Ravenwood on Wednesday for a late father's day round. Shot a 96. Driver was a bit better and I was having a real good day from 120 and in. The thumb was still bothersome and is even today as well (hoping by Sunday I'm noticing improvement or I'll have to admit that I properly hurt it).

Was a beatiful day with gusty winds. The ball was moving significantly when the wind was blowing across (we're talking 10-15 yards left or right). And when I already don't know where the ball is going - thats just a recipe for a fun round! We had fun though and I played golf twice in the same week, put down a few good shots. Can't complain at all

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Oh that sucks Robert, especially if you're laid up for a while. Our Ryder cup is this weekend. 4 ball matches Sat at their club and singles Sun at ours. Couldn't hit a thing Wed night in league so I hope that's all out of system.
Hope it's not as bad as you're thinking with that injury. Heal up bro.
Hit them well!
It's funny, because my injury isnt a typical one for me. My actual pec isnt sore at all. It's like it's between my ribs. Only certain movements make it flare up. Everyday events, I'm good. Go to swing a club, or do a motion like a butterfly press, and it'll take my breath. Tried ripping the top of a bag of grill pellets open yesterday, and thought someone was stabbing me with a knife.
Did some research about dislodged ribs, and dont think that is it, since it is directly over my heart, and a rib problem happens where they meet in your back

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Well I did hit them well in the morning round - 4 over 39 with a double on the last hole. Problem was, the kid we were playing against (4 ball) shot an even par 35 and we lost that round. Our team was down 6-1 headed back to our home course for the singles matches, where I had that same guy. He didn't play as well, and I didn't either but I played well enough to win it 2 and 1 and our team pulled thru with a comeback victory ! Played those Snell balls and I'm really liking them alot.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well I did hit them well in the morning round - 4 over 39 with a double on the last hole. Problem was, the kid we were playing against (4 ball) shot an even par 35 and we lost that round. Our team was down 6-1 headed back to our home course for the singles matches, where I had that same guy. He didn't play as well, and I didn't either but I played well enough to win it 2 and 1 and our team pulled thru with a comeback victory ! Played those Snell balls and I'm really liking them alot.

I actually just ordered my 2nd five dozen for the year (the wife has been stealing mine and she's got a push block that loses her a few balls every round).

I didn't play this weekend and turned down the chance to play tonite. My thumb is still bothersome. Yesterday was the best it's felt - until i started in on yard work. It's ok again this AM - let's see if it stays - im going to try to use it as little as i can

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I actually just ordered my 2nd five dozen for the year (the wife has been stealing mine and she's got a push block that loses her a few balls every round).

I didn't play this weekend and turned down the chance to play tonite. My thumb is still bothersome. Yesterday was the best it's felt - until i started in on yard work. It's ok again this AM - let's see if it stays - im going to try to use it as little as i can

I think I'm playing the more spin version right now and still have the other one to go, but I could see myself ordering more of these.
Thumb injury you say ? Well that's not good - dropping off the wife at the kids / grandkids this weekend and will have the next weekend free..... I'm just sayin'

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I think I'm playing the more spin version right now and still have the other one to go, but I could see myself ordering more of these.
Thumb injury you say ? Well that's not good - dropping off the wife at the kids / grandkids this weekend and will have the next weekend free..... I'm just sayin'

Heh - as I get older I find things that I'd normally ignore / play through don't quite work that way anymore :) This one feels like I hyper extended it - something I'd shake and be fine in a day. A week later .. i'm not fine. I've also not stopped using it. Soooo.

Free you say? You talking the weekend of the 11th?

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Heh - as I get older I find things that I'd normally ignore / play through don't quite work that way anymore :) This one feels like I hyper extended it - something I'd shake and be fine in a day. A week later .. i'm not fine. I've also not stopped using it. Soooo.

Free you say? You talking the weekend of the 11th?
Yes sir, free as in wife-free for the weekend of the 11th.

I have a full tank of gas, a fistful of cigars and a bunch of balls that say "Shanked by Tony" printed on them.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yes sir, free as in wife-free for the weekend of the 11th.

I have a full tank of gas, a fistful of cigars and a bunch of balls that say "Shanked by Tony" printed on them.

Let me get through this next weekend and I bet we can work something out. We're refreshing our kitchen ourselves and we have some butcher block to put in and painting to get done. If we get through it this week/weekend then I'll be fairly free to do somethin!

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I sure am hoping my ribs heal up pretty damn quick. On three weeks vacation after tonight, and had planned of a shit ton of golf. Some days I dont feel it, and others it feels like someone landed a hell of a haymaker. Getting old sucks.....

SoCal Gunner

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
@WNYTony

I went to the range today - how would you score this?
c049e38b825b38ac31003aee6aefd967.gif