What's new
Society of Smoke

Welcome to Society of Smoke, the premiere gentlemans' site for cigar and pipe tobacco smoking discussion! Please take some time to register with the site and participate in our forum to enjoy features such as being able to post messages, private messages, and live chat.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Gonna replace mine myself as soon as the tape comes in. My buddy worked in a golf shop for three years, and said he'd show me how. Said it takes all of 20 minutes for him. YouTube videos make it look real simple, just two way tape and lighter fluid....
I bought the wedge brothers setup with fluid, tape, and the clamp for the vise. $14

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
the worst part of the entire thing is removing old grips / tape. the older the grips, the worse it is

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Swapped out all my iron grips (6) today in a matter of 30 minutes or so. Its damn easy. Grip tape wasnt bad at all, but the irons are only a year and a half old. If I'd have had a hook blade for the knife, the time would have been cut in half. Had to pull every wrap off individually due to cutting through. Need to order 7 more grips to complete the set. The pro only had 7 on hand. Just gonna buy a roll of 2 way tape and some lighter fluid for all future swaps, as the grip lubricant I have now is 4x the price of Ronsonol. Its damn slick though

Tyler86

Gordo
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Swapped out all my iron grips (6) today in a matter of 30 minutes or so. Its damn easy. Grip tape wasnt bad at all, but the irons are only a year and a half old. If I'd have had a hook blade for the knife, the time would have been cut in half. Had to pull every wrap off individually due to cutting through. Need to order 7 more grips to complete the set. The pro only had 7 on hand. Just gonna buy a roll of 2 way tape and some lighter fluid for all future swaps, as the grip lubricant I have now is 4x the price of Ronsonol. Its damn slick though
Yeah dude it’s super easy. I think the “grip fluid” is just mineral spirits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My game is officially in the crapper. After a decent 82 on Sat, Sun was around 90 and an 88 today. I think you're going to have to give me some lessons on how to hit a driver @Redneck_toy maybe I can get @Tyler86 in on chipping and @mitetak on the putting green.....
after admitting to shooting a smooth 98 i'm not sure you want any help from me :)

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Shot a 41-42 for a decent 83. Funny thing is, is that I had several bad shots that either bounced off a tree and into the fairway, or had a miraculous recovery shot. Honestly amazed i shot that low.
Chipping was fair, but way better than it has been.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I agree, especially for that putting lesson ! I may need you to handle drives too because I can hit from the wrong side like @Redneck_toy does. Plenty of decent courses in between. I was supposed to come play Ravenwood but the Rona took care of that
eh come play anyways :) they're open with carts :)

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Nice I'm trying to get out this weekend and then Ill be playing monday afternoon subbing in a work league

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Shot a 91 yesterday. Driver was in reasonable shape and I found my wedges for a day so that helped!! I had a few 8s on the scorecard so the score should've been far lower.
My last round Thursday had the same problems as you. Ended up shooting a 51- 44 for a 95. My swing was just disintegrated. I chalk it up to the previous week, my 7 off, and me playing 7 rounds in 6 days.
Too much golf. Going out today. Course opens at noon on Mondays. Hopefully my mid to low 80's scoring returns. I'll keep yall posted