What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Cleveland wedges here too.

League tonight and I think it was a 38 or 39. Back to back birdies but a lost ball a few holes before. Hitting the new irons a little better each time out. Flew the 9th green and off the back a few others so still dialing in the distance but I am liking them.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Shot a 100 yesterday at the same course I shot a 91 on last Saturday.

Went out in 54 .. it was BAD - closed out in 46 (and that still wasn't great)

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Shot a 95 today on a new course that i was not prepared for, played lousy on top of it.

Lotta tees like this (220 carry, didnt look like it to me either).....

69ba2cc36b70928c481f6ccab3e46d2c.jpg

Into stuff like this.....
b5bcdc9bc6026a6b7a4bc3e569b1b1c7.jpg

Super fun course!!!!! Played great outta the sand which probably saved me from 3 digits lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Shot a 95 today on a new course that i was not prepared for, played lousy on top of it.

Lotta tees like this (220 carry, didnt look like it to me either).....

69ba2cc36b70928c481f6ccab3e46d2c.jpg

Into stuff like this.....
b5bcdc9bc6026a6b7a4bc3e569b1b1c7.jpg

Super fun course!!!!! Played great outta the sand which probably saved me from 3 digits lol

I like the look of that course. Remember that one for when I make the trek out there !

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So the age old question is: you're playing with your boss, or client, or future father in law.... do you make sure they win ?

Well my usual Member-Guest partner, my BIL, bailed on me this year. So I invited and am playing with the guy that runs my most local cigar shop..... Hmmm dilemma.

This would have been much easier if you would have just flown in and joined the team @Redneck_toy

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
So the age old question is: you're playing with your boss, or client, or future father in law.... do you make sure they win ?

Well my usual Member-Guest partner, my BIL, bailed on me this year. So I invited and am playing with the guy that runs my most local cigar shop..... Hmmm dilemma.

This would have been much easier if you would have just flown in and joined the team @Redneck_toy

Always play to win!! It shows strength and confidence.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Always play to win!! It shows strength and confidence.

But I'd be willing to show weakness for a shop discount ! I'd probably have to hear about it though, at any and all cigar nights..... like he has to hear about his Fantasy Football record

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Play to win. Everytime. Would have loved to come up, just too close to my last vacation.that was 3 weeks long. (1 week after!) I will get back up there before long though

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Play to win. Everytime. Would have loved to come up, just too close to my last vacation.that was 3 weeks long. (1 week after!) I will get back up there before long though
Just harassing you - wouldn't expect you to fly up here just for golf. Although watching @mitetak blast it off the tee is worth it.

Yeah it was just one of those questions to ponder. I wouldn't throw it, ever. I just play my game and let everyone else make their mistakes

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Speaking of points to ponder, a question:

would you rather A:
Be able to play scratch golf the rest of your life, but only at your home course?
B:
Play to a 10 handicap on any course in the world?
C:
Play to a 15 handicap, but play free at any course in the world?

II'dprobably go with c, since my handicap is higher than 15 now, and I play a metric fuckload of golf. If it were free, I could probably retire a few years early....

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
C!!

I don't have any mental needs that are filled by a low handicap!!

Playing free ANYWHERE?! Yes please - and I'll gladly shoot high 80s to high 90s!! Augusta here i come!

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Crappy 84 today in the practice round. Well a crappy 45 on the front - the 39 on the back wasn't bad. Really just playing for skins and the one birdie I did make may hold up. Tomorrow is the main event so I'll be playing more for score, at least until it goes too far south and then it's back to a skins game.