What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
39-45 / 84 for me today. Started out hitting it well and then problems on the back side once it got hot and play slowed down. The cigar was great though !

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hit it better today overall. Started out and got to 6 over after 4 with a lost ball. Set my goal to finish the last 5 on the front at even par and did it, but actually 3 putted a green in reg and should have bee 1 under. Got to the back side and went 2 over thru 8 and then hit one out on 18. Finished 42-39 / 81 at 10 over. Pretty good, but it ticked me off that it wasn't a 79 after a 6 over start. Liking that I went 2 over in a 13 hole stretch though - getting ready for my next Club Champion match play match and I go up against the 2 seed. A round like that would give me some hope

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got a new Galaxy smart watch for my birthday from the wife. Downloaded a gps/ scorekeeping app called Golf Pad. Havent used it yet, but will try it out tomorrow. Just messing around with it, it seems pretty comprehensive and intuitive. The premium version allows your watch to work stand alone, then uploads the data to your phone when you are back in range
I have a laser rangefinder, but this app will track actual distances, and keeps a running average. It also will keep up with your USGA handicap. (Its also recognized by USGA)
They also have the arccos type sensors available for your clubs as well, but tracking on those have to be done with the phone in your front pocket.
Will report back tomorrow night on how it works on the course

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Got a new Galaxy smart watch for my birthday from the wife. Downloaded a gps/ scorekeeping app called Golf Pad. Havent used it yet, but will try it out tomorrow. Just messing around with it, it seems pretty comprehensive and intuitive. The premium version allows your watch to work stand alone, then uploads the data to your phone when you are back in range
I have a laser rangefinder, but this app will track actual distances, and keeps a running average. It also will keep up with your USGA handicap. (Its also recognized by USGA)
They also have the arccos type sensors available for your clubs as well, but tracking on those have to be done with the phone in your front pocket.
Will report back tomorrow night on how it works on the course

@mitetak had a fancy tracking system like that, but his was for right handed golfers :D

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Lost my Club Championship match today 3&2. Neither of us played very well on the front and I wound up 4 down headed to the back side. Think I shot 43 or 44 (yikes !) Hit the back side and found some game. Birdied 2 of the first 5 and cut it to 2 down but the train stopped there. Lost it on 16 when he pretty much drove the par 4 (I hit a decent drive and still had 120 in by the way) and birdied. He's a good stick and played on his college golf team and was usually 70+ yards ahead of me off the tee so no shame. And I was even par on the back when he closed me out so my old man ass is ok with it.

@mitetak hope you have good weather and your body isn't too sore !

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Well Royal Club spanked me. Super tuff greens. Nothing flat and every put has 2 breaks it seemed like. Greens were rolling between 8 and 9 according to club house. The course does not forgive. Example: 18 is a long 5. Hit 3 on to front of green, left a crater, from 110. It rolled back about a foot and off green, down hill. Hit 4 from about 40 . Couldnt go long cause green is only about 18 deep with sand canyon in back. Had a blast though. Barely got out under 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Recap:

It was hot as balls.

This was year 24 for the outing. There's been some SHIT weather - this was by far the worst. When its 85+ and 80 percent humidity every day - you are just shot by the afternoon round (it was disgusting by about 10am every day).

I HURT today (the 9 hours in the car doesn't help either just getting stiff).

Played reasonably well - forgot how to hit an iron clean. Still managed to tie for low net with our Peoria scoring (I won it last year) - the award went to the other guy because he beat me by a few strokes gross.

The scramble and alternate shot rounds were a cluster (we were all SHOT from the heat / humidity all weekend) so those were fun and hilarious.

I smoked 20+ cigars too!

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Recap:

It was hot as balls.

This was year 24 for the outing. There's been some SHIT weather - this was by far the worst. When its 85+ and 80 percent humidity every day - you are just shot by the afternoon round (it was disgusting by about 10am every day).

I HURT today (the 9 hours in the car doesn't help either just getting stiff).

Played reasonably well - forgot how to hit an iron clean. Still managed to tie for low net with our Peoria scoring (I won it last year) - the award went to the other guy because he beat me by a few strokes gross.

The scramble and alternate shot rounds were a cluster (we were all SHOT from the heat / humidity all weekend) so those were fun and hilarious.

I smoked 20+ cigars too!
Sounds awesome !