What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

What shows are you currently binging or have just finished?

Sweemzander

Meadmaker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Never heard of it Dan.

I just finished You're The Worst, sorry to see it go :cry: Such good writing.
Just finished True Detective Season 3......I liked it.
Just started Season 2 of Barry....off to a good start
Just started Season 3 of Brockmire.......love Brockmire!
Just started What We Do In The Shadows........very funny

Hey all you HULU subscribers, how long does it take for a show to come there? For example Brockmire just started Season 3, and only season 2 is currently available, I have to watch it via the firestick (which wouldn't load last night.....sigh :mad:)
Just watch it - funny, weird, clever, simple entertainment

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I love Barry, episode one of season 2 was pretty good. What We Do In The Shadows looks hilarious, I'm looking forward to seeing that.

I have no idea what kind of time frame unfortunately.

I think it's a month, but not sure. WWDITS is like The Office, but with Vampires....the energy Vampire is probably my fav so far

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well, add another show to the mix. Just started watching Black Summer on Netflix. Zombie show but they're actually doing a great job on it, more like 28 Days Later than The Walking Dead.

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Well, add another show to the mix. Just started watching Black Summer on Netflix. Zombie show but they're actually doing a great job on it, more like 28 Days Later than The Walking Dead.

Oooo sounds good......I gave up on TWD sadly, it was just BORING!!!!!! Loved the comics though.

I started The Twilight Zone.....gotta say I liked it, I watched the 1st episode......big fan of TTZ anyway, so glad to see it back.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oooo sounds good......I gave up on TWD sadly, it was just BORING!!!!!! Loved the comics though.

I started The Twilight Zone.....gotta say I liked it, I watched the 1st episode......big fan of TTZ anyway, so glad to see it back.
I gave up on it too, glad to see the industry hasn't given up on the genre yet and still are putting out some decent ideas. .

I've never watched the originals, but any project Jordan Peele signs onto I would probably enjoy.

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I gave up on it too, glad to see the industry hasn't given up on the genre yet and still are putting out some decent ideas. .

I've never watched the originals, but any project Jordan Peele signs onto I would probably enjoy.

Give it a shot, at least watch the 1st episode, looks like he has some famous people in the upcoming season.

I'm a huge Zombie fan......so what's your take fast or slow zombies? I'm good with either, but since they originated with Romero I have to be loyal to the slow, but good with both.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Give it a shot, at least watch the 1st episode, looks like he has some famous people in the upcoming season.

I'm a huge Zombie fan......so what's your take fast or slow zombies? I'm good with either, but since they originated with Romero I have to be loyal to the slow, but good with both.
I will at some point, I don't have cable so I have to wait until its on a streaming service.

Me too man. I honestly think both make sense depending on how they play it out. World War Z zombie speed was a little crazy though. At least the slow lumbering walk like the Walking Dead made sense since the bodies are physically breaking down vs Black Summer, where they turn as soon as they die and run at normal human speed kind of like 28 Days/28 Weeks. I hate to admit I'm not too familiar with the older zombie films, I really should get into that more.

I'm still a firm believer Shaun of the Dead is the greatest zombie movie of all time.

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I will at some point, I don't have cable so I have to wait until its on a streaming service.

Me too man. I honestly think both make sense depending on how they play it out. World War Z zombie speed was a little crazy though. At least the slow lumbering walk like the Walking Dead made sense since the bodies are physically breaking down vs Black Summer, where they turn as soon as they die and run at normal human speed kind of like 28 Days/28 Weeks. I hate to admit I'm not too familiar with the older zombie films, I really should get into that more.

I'm still a firm believer Shaun of the Dead is the greatest zombie movie of all time.

Get a firestick man, that's how I watched it. Or if you're a Spotify subscriber you get Hulu for free *not sure if CBS Access is on Hulu though*

I haven't seen World War Z (read the book 2x's though), 28 Day Later gets a pass, they aren't really "zombies" and more like people with a Rage affliction that makes them attack normal's.

Some zombie movies to watch:

Zombie trilogy: Night Of The Living Dead (the one that started it all), Dawn Of The Dead (the original, however the remake is pretty badass too), Day Of The Dead
after those then you can watch
Land Of The Dead

Then here are some of my fav zombie films

The Return Of The Living Dead
Shaun Of The Dead
Quarantine (not really a zombie film per say, as more an intense ass film)
Zombieland

I've heard Train To Busan is awesome, but I haven't seen it yet.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Get a firestick man, that's how I watched it. Or if you're a Spotify subscriber you get Hulu for free *not sure if CBS Access is on Hulu though*

I haven't seen World War Z (read the book 2x's though), 28 Day Later gets a pass, they aren't really "zombies" and more like people with a Rage affliction that makes them attack normal's.

Some zombie movies to watch:

Zombie trilogy: Night Of The Living Dead (the one that started it all), Dawn Of The Dead (the original, however the remake is pretty badass too), Day Of The Dead
after those then you can watch
Land Of The Dead

Then here are some of my fav zombie films

The Return Of The Living Dead
Shaun Of The Dead
Quarantine (not really a zombie film per say, as more an intense ass film)
Zombieland

I've heard Train To Busan is awesome, but I haven't seen it yet.
I have a firestick, that's how I've been streaming, I have HBO, Starz, Netflix Prime and Hulu so I have access to most shows that have been out for a while. I'll have to poke around and see what its on.

I still count the "rage affliction" as being zombies, maybe not traditionally, but they're still dead with some sort of biological change giving them roid rage haha. The ones that can open door knobs and shit I don't count, that's a bunch of crap.

I've been wanting to watch Night of the Living Dead, I'll add that to my mental queue along with the original Dawn of the Dead (liked the remake) and Land of the Dead - which I've never heard of.

Haven't heard of The Return of the Living Dead or Train of Busan, but Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland are the top 2 zombie movies for me, with Quarantine overall being fuckin terrifying to watch but really good. The scariest part is that it's probably the most believable film of the genre. I don't think Ashleys seen it and probably would have her eyes covered 75% of the time if I tried watching it again with her.

Zombieland 2 was announced recently, I can't wait.

Side Note - Teaser trailer for Star Wars IX just dropped

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have a firestick, that's how I've been streaming, I have HBO, Starz, Netflix Prime and Hulu so I have access to most shows that have been out for a while. I'll have to poke around and see what its on.

I still count the "rage affliction" as being zombies, maybe not traditionally, but they're still dead with some sort of biological change giving them roid rage haha. The ones that can open door knobs and shit I don't count, that's a bunch of crap.

I've been wanting to watch Night of the Living Dead, I'll add that to my mental queue along with the original Dawn of the Dead (liked the remake) and Land of the Dead - which I've never heard of.

Haven't heard of The Return of the Living Dead or Train of Busan, but Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland are the top 2 zombie movies for me, with Quarantine overall being fuckin terrifying to watch but really good. The scariest part is that it's probably the most believable film of the genre. I don't think Ashleys seen it and probably would have her eyes covered 75% of the time if I tried watching it again with her.

Zombieland 2 was announced recently, I can't wait.

Side Note - Teaser trailer for Star Wars IX just dropped

The Return Of The Living Dead came out in 1988, and it's very campy, but also awesome.......the story is one of the best in the Zombie movie imo, and some of the best special effects in a zombie film. Here's a clip

It's kind of a cult classic

I'm avoiding all SW clips, I just know I will see the film, thanks though

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The Return Of The Living Dead came out in 1988, and it's very campy, but also awesome.......the story is one of the best in the Zombie movie imo, and some of the best special effects in a zombie film. Here's a clip

It's kind of a cult classic

I'm avoiding all SW clips, I just know I will see the film, thanks though

Thanks for the clip! Those are some crazy looking zombies, that gore is pretty awesome too.

The teaser is all I'll watch, but I think after this one I'm done watching most trailers. IX didn't give away TOO much, the damn name of the film gives away more that the trailer did.

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks for the clip! Those are some crazy looking zombies, that gore is pretty awesome too.

The teaser is all I'll watch, but I think after this one I'm done watching most trailers. IX didn't give away TOO much, the damn name of the film gives away more that the trailer did.

Yeah, I also heard after this one they are putting a hiatus on SW movies......thank god man, becoming as bad as all the superhero movies......thank god for people like Quentin Trarantio and new ideas for films.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah, I also heard after this one they are putting a hiatus on SW movies......thank god man, becoming as bad as all the superhero movies......thank god for people like Quentin Trarantio and new ideas for films.
Agreed, we need a damn break. They should have waited until after IX to put out the Solo film with how rushed that movie was. I feel like they announced this one and I almost forgot who Rey was already.
I am excited though for The Mandalorian on Disney's streaming service, Pedro Pascal is great.

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Agreed, we need a damn break. They should have waited until after IX to put out the Solo film with how rushed that movie was. I feel like they announced this one and I almost forgot who Rey was already.
I am excited though for The Mandalorian on Disney's streaming service, Pedro Pascal is great.

I'm not even sure what this Disney streaming service is going to be (oh well I have my firestick heh) but yeah I agree with Pedro

I loved Rouge One & Solo......The Last Jedi or what ever was retarded "Leia Poppins?" C'mon!!!!! WTF I don't have high hopes for this Skywalker either

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Another season of supernatural just got put up on Netflix, diving back into that while taking a much needed break from The Flash.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I watched the first episode of Black Mirror last night where the princess is held hostage and the British PM is blackmailed, what a wild show.