What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

What shows are you currently binging or have just finished?

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just finished watching the first season of Carnival Row on Amazon Prime. Most fantasy films/shows tend to annoy me, but this one did it well without going too over the top. A decent amount of allegory, but without shoving it down your throat. Good acting from Orlando Bloom and others, and a good SFX budget, apparently. Worth a watch.
I've watched a few episodes so far, interesting world they created for the show, I think Orlando Bloom could do better though. Overall I've enjoyed it so far, it's a pretty familiar theme.

Just started rewatching True Detective season 1. I will move onto season 2 (which I haven't seen yet) and then season 3 (which I'm really excited about). Season 1, tho - so freaking good!
Started season one four years ago and almost got to the end before it got lost in the jumble. I loved it, and will have to revisit soon. Anything with Mathew McCaughey and Woody Harrelson is bound to be solid.

Finished Stranger things, and Ozark....now starting Glow Season 3. Gave up on NOS4A2, such a shame too the book was so good. Still working my way through Legion and haven't started The Preacher yet.
Stranger Things was great, I know some people thought the plot was stale but they changed it just enough to make it work. Should be interesting to see how many more seasons theyre going to squeeze out of it. Ozark for me was tough, I love Jason Bateman but man did that show just slowly role from episode to episode. Made it half way through before giving up.

I just started GLOW the other night, I'm a big fan so far and I'm adding it into my list. Currently watching Marvelous Ms. Maisel, GLOW, Fear Factor (old seasons) and The Righteous Gemstones which has become a quick favorite. I also just finished The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, the amount of detail and time that went into that show is insane.

Sine-Qua-Non

Lonsdale
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Finished Stranger things, and Ozark....now starting Glow Season 3. Gave up on NOS4A2, such a shame too the book was so good. Still working my way through Legion and haven't started The Preacher yet.

I loved Legion, a perfect mix of weird and thought provoking. Excellent visuals and use of music!

I enjoyed the first two seasons of Preacher quite a bit, but the last two have kind of just been meh. It’s verrrrrrry irreverent and mocking to/of Christianity, just fair warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Stranger Things was great, I know some people thought the plot was stale but they changed it just enough to make it work. Should be interesting to see how many more seasons theyre going to squeeze out of it. Ozark for me was tough, I love Jason Bateman but man did that show just slowly role from episode to episode. Made it half way through before giving up.

I just started GLOW the other night, I'm a big fan so far and I'm adding it into my list. Currently watching Marvelous Ms. Maisel, GLOW, Fear Factor (old seasons) and The Righteous Gemstones which has become a quick favorite. I also just finished The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, the amount of detail and time that went into that show is insane.

I really liked Ozark, yeah it is slow, but it's a brooding type of slow....ya know something is coming, and you can't wait or look away.....and it's very different & dark for Jason.

Damn I forgot about The Righteous Gemstones, gotta watch that!
Dark Crystal.......no thanks, I hated the movie.

I loved Legion, a perfect mix of weird and thought provoking. Excellent visuals and use of music!

I enjoyed the first two seasons of Preacher quite a bit, but the last two have kind of just been meh. It’s verrrrrrry irreverent and mocking to/of Christianity, just fair warning.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Legion, but damn sometimes after an episode you just have to sit there and catch your breath, so much going on and so much mind fucking......same with Mr. Robot.

I'm with ya on Preach, big fan of the comics, but like The Walking Dead they have strayed too far from it.....ready for it to go.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Juggling a lot of shows the last few weeks. The Righteous Gemstones has been phenomenal, re-watching Peaky Blinders with my girlfriend after she got hooked watching a few from the new season, occasionally binging old Fear Factors, slowly hammering away at the last season of Gotham, watching the new season of Disenchanted, and keeping up with current South Park as well as Bobs Burgers.
Disney+ comes out next month and offers a combo deal with Hulu, most likely will be cancelling my current Hulu subscription to pair it with the new service.

SoCal Gunner

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Only thing on my DVR any more is Forged In Fire. Love that show.

Started a Netflix Series called "Haunting of Hill House". Its intriguing, but the constant timeline jumps are annoying.

Anyone catch HBO's Watchmen series?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Screenshot_20191210-135706_Chrome.jpg

Absolutley love this. Feels more like Star Wars than the last 6 movies that have been released. And while I hate Disney's social stances on most things nowadays, I have Verizon. Disney plus is free for the first year. I will not be paying them a dime after the trial period.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
View attachment 7748

Absolutley love this. Feels more like Star Wars than the last 6 movies that have been released. And while I hate Disney's social stances on most things nowadays, I have Verizon. Disney plus is free for the first year. I will not be paying them a dime after the trial period.
I'm in the same boat, free with Verizon which is a great perk. I really don't have any interest in anything else on the app besides this show and MAYBE the upcoming Marvel shows.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Finishing up the latest season of Peaky Blinders
Peaky Blinders is honestly one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Did you watch Taboo at all with Tom Hardy? They only did one season, kind of had a similar feel but way darker. Supposedly going to do a second season at some point.

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
220px-Film_Poster_for_Taboo_%281980%29.jpg

Taboo_2_1982.jpg

I thought 2 was better than 1, had better story

Sorry, I couldn't resist