What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Looks like my three rounds of golf this upcoming weekend will all involve various amounts of rain. The one Sunday is most in danger (possible thunderstorms)

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Saturday scramble we rain into about 10 minutes of rain. Not heavy enough to pull out rain gear. Then it was a beautiful round.
Sunday we thought we missed all of the rain but around the 14th hole it showed up. We played 14/15 (with rain gear). At that point it was heavy enough that we found some nearby cover. Radar showed it disappearing in 10-15 minutes. Sure enough it did. We finished the round with rain gear off.

Monday was just plain gorgeous - 80+, slight breeze. Perfect day.

I did not play good golf at all. Sunday I broke 100 - I haven't broken 100 in years. I par'd four holes and still shot a 108 .... yeahhhhh

Oh well - i had fun and smoked a large pile of cigars.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Well, a lousy 43 in league tonight. And before you start giving me grief @mitetak ........ I was standing on the 7th tee, full of hope and promise, at 1 over and proceeded to double the last 3 holes into that 43. Epic fail !

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well, a lousy 43 in league tonight. And before you start giving me grief @mitetak ........ I was standing on the 7th tee, full of hope and promise, at 1 over and proceeded to double the last 3 holes into that 43. Epic fail !

HAHAH! I feel that deep in my soul :)

Going to see about getting out this weekend (probably Sunday)

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got out Sunday. Shot a 91 that should've been better but had a few wayward drives that added a few strokes. Did have a few pars/birdies so that felt good.

Either way I was determined to exorcise the 108 from the previous weekend!

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got out yesterday. Shot a 90. Could not putt for SHIT. Im willing to bet I had 40+ putts

My tee game was on for the first time in a long time. I had two 3 woods that I pulled left but didn't hurt me. Otherwise I couldn't miss with my driver and was hitting it a mile. It felt good and the score should've been much better.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Been sorting out my wayward drives this year. Figured out if I drop the club “into the slot” before firing my right hip, it goes a country mile. Bad part is, is I now have a two way miss sometimes until fatigue, or the beer catches up with me, then it’s pretty much back to my small, or Oh My God slice. Lol.
Went out yesterday and shot an 86. Smoked some hybrids.
Shortest drive was 220, longest was 285 according to my oh so accurate Golfpad app on the Apple Watch……

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Been sorting out my wayward drives this year. Figured out if I drop the club “into the slot” before firing my right hip, it goes a country mile. Bad part is, is I now have a two way miss sometimes until fatigue, or the beer catches up with me, then it’s pretty much back to my small, or Oh My God slice. Lol.
Went out yesterday and shot an 86. Smoked some hybrids.
Shortest drive was 220, longest was 285 according to my oh so accurate Golfpad app on the Apple Watch……

Sounds like way too much thinking. I just step up and swing hard and hope. Sometimes it works, sometimes I end up playing from a fairway I played from previously already!

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
There’s absolutely some overthinking going on in my game. Lol.
Going out in a bit. We’ll see how it goes. Wind is forecasted to 23mph. Fingers crossed
The few downwind holes we have are where my 285 drive last round came from.
It’s been really windy here this year.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
There’s absolutely some overthinking going on in my game. Lol.
Going out in a bit. We’ll see how it goes. Wind is forecasted to 23mph. Fingers crossed
The few downwind holes we have are where my 285 drive last round came from.
It’s been really windy here this year.
I hit the ball real high - constant winds wreak havoc when I play :( I need to work on my ball flight and bring it down a touch to try get a more piercing flight

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I hit the ball real high - constant winds wreak havoc when I play :( I need to work on my ball flight and bring it down a touch to try get a more piercing flight
Same here. For the past month, my 7i is as high as my PW. Waiting on the last tee box for the group in front of me. Last hole was a par 5 dead downwind. 530 yds. Had 170 for my 2nd. 7i is usually 165. Hit it 185 to the back of the green. 2 putt for birdie. Into a 20 MPH wind, that same 7i would be 150.

EDIT : from the whites, this hole is 499 yards, not 530.

Last edited:

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played Sunday. Out at 630am walking 18. Been a few years since I did that. Shot an 88 with two chunked chips on the back (no chunks on the front) and I putted like ass again. Odds are good I'd have shot lower 80s if those things went well.

Played yesterday as well and shot an 89 - my driver was a bit more off yesterday and still couldn't putt. Gorgeous weather both days.