What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played Thursday afternoon. Hit the pretty well. Add around 4 mulligans not accounted for on the card. First time in a while I putted for 2 eagles in the same round. # 8 was an eagle putt as well.
2087BF06-B163-4E2C-8418-6C0ACFC18F6F.png

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Played Sat at an away course. Lousy 87 - felt like everything was out of sync. Did have one shot whilst trying to go over a tree that hit square and bounced back and hit my playing partner who was sitting in the cart. Not hard or anything but it was great - he never saw it coming !

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have not played in a few weeks. Hope to get out next weekend! My yearly trip is coming up so Ill get plenty of golf in then but I'd like to not go in very cold

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Made it out saturday for the first time in three or so weeks. Had the new clubs out as well.

The hybrid is money - hit that thing a mile. The irons were ok - I do not like the grips I put on them (PURE DTX). Im going to pull the PURE Wraps off of my previous set and move them over to the new clubs. The feel is just too aggressive for my liking. Shot a 93 that I can't really complain about it overall. It certainly could've been better but I'm hitting a set of clubs with new distances sooooo yeah.

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
77 +5 today at a semi local course. Been thinking about going back to club champion and getting refit with my T100s, I’m currently playing the project X LZ 6.0 which was the shaft I hit Best But I’m still flying the ball higher then I’d like with them on a natural shot. I could start to play the knock down more but would like to have something a little lower which the LZ is supposed to be a pretty low flight low spin really stiff profile. Maybe I’ll give dynamic gold tour issue another try it was pretty close in my fitting.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
18 at a course I've not been to in about 10 years. Didn't remember any of it. Shot an 86. Greens rolled quick and true but not a single one was flat. That threw me off although my putting was very reasonable. I continue to put down better and better shots with the irons and my driver was in good shape. The 5Hybrid i picked up continues to be a beast off the tee and turf as well.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Played my first round Club Championship match today. I'm the 6th seed and took out the 11th. Match play and I won it 8 up with 7 to play. Hit it pretty well, probably would have shot 78 or 79 but I was only 4 over when the match ended. Then I had a make up match from Wed league rain out and clearly had shot my wad earlier as I was high 40's !!!

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Lost today in the second round of our Club Championship to the $3 seed. All tied coming down 18 and I flew my approach over the pin to the back fringe and then proceeded to 3 putt and lose the hole. Played fairly decent, we both shot +9 80's

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Heading out this morning. Been on vacation for the past 10 days, with about as many to go. Have played 5-6 rounds so far, mostly upper 80’s. Have an appointment for a new tattoo this afternoon. Late birthday/ anniversary present from the wife. 51 years old, and 28 yrs married the 3rd and 6th respecively. I’ll post pics in the tatt thread when I get home.

Last edited:

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played seven rounds in five days ending Sunday AM (thankfully that was a scramble because I'm pretty sure I'd have shot 150 otherwise).

For the rounds that were scored straight up (both pre-event and during) I shot fairly regularly 85-90. Then we played a few other game types. It was as usual an exhausting, fantastic time. Maybe I can get @WNYTony to show up next year (anyone else is welcome as well if you want to travel out to the cornfields of Indiana).