What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What a stupid game we play !!! Got out on Thurs afternoon for my second round of the year and was trying some new things with the swing and hit the ball like crap - mid 90's. Today I figure I'm just going to relax and not worry about the swing and I hit the ball great and 3-putt #18 for an 80.......

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
What a stupid game we play !!! Got out on Thurs afternoon for my second round of the year and was trying some new things with the swing and hit the ball like crap - mid 90's. Today I figure I'm just going to relax and not worry about the swing and I hit the ball great and 3-putt #18 for an 80.......

It is a stupid game! I love sucking at golf!

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So Taylormade had a demo day last Sunday at my home course. I really need to stay home on those days, because once again, that shit cost my another $300. Bought a new Sim 2 3wood. Should be here in a week or so.
They were were last fall and that cost me $299 for a Sim 3hybrid.
Still struggling with the swing this year....

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Stupid game !

Totally fell apart on the front. 3 over after 5 and then +10 on the last 4 to a snappy 49
Found my game on the back nine and pulled out a 39
So at least I pulled off the 49-39 parlay but talk about a lack of consistency........

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got back yesterday from a trip with my brother in laws (one of whom you golfed with - Ian - when you came up here) this past weekend.

We planned much earlier this year to take a trip towards MD to get some early season golf in. We figured at this point we'd have some golf in but not a ton and the weather would be nicer.

Well should've figured we would be playing in March and April already. Also the weather was no better than here (windy and 60 tops). Played five rounds. Kept it below 100 the whole time. So I'm happy. We had some good times, good food and a lot of golf.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Totally forgot to mention last weekend. Had a rare two-fer. Played Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday shot a 94, couldn't keep the ball on line (lost a few in the rough - it was THICK) and then I couldn't putt - had at least 40 putts.

Sunday shot a better 88. Putting improved significantly (32 putts).

Tuesday went and bought a new driver (old one was separating at the hosel and I didn't trust the graphite anymore. Went from the Titleist 915 D3 to the Titleist TSi2 - Tensei White 65g (I think its the RAW - its a stock Titleist offering) in X-flex - at 45" and I believe set at B1.

Spent about 40 minutes here at a fitter. Went through about 15 combos. Stiff shafts, X-stiff shafts, different weights, even a few different heads (I wanted Titleist but I'm not against switching brands if I hit it better).

When it seemed we had a fairly solid combo he took it off driving range mode and put up a long par 5 (with a slight right bend to it to fit my shot shape). I put three in row center stripe at about 310 (which is by no means a brag since I'm pretty sure this sim was juiced a bit). But after the third swing we both looked at each other and said "that's it - all done". Definitely the best feeling combo of everything I had hit.

It'll show up *eventually*. Normally its a 7-10 day turn around but the last year has been far from ordinary. I'm in no hurry - I hit my 3w plenty far since I don't usually play from the tips.

I do play tomorrow AM at a course I haven't seen yet this year.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just got home from a 4 day golf trip.

Pre-game was 27 holes Wed at my home course. Shot 81 in the afternoon and then 39 in league
Thurs was 36 holes on the easier of the 2 courses - the Silver course. Played shitty in the morning round and wound up at 94. Came back with an 84 in the afternoon.
Fri was 36 holes again on the Silver course. 88 in the morning and 86 in the afternoon
Sat was 36 holes on the Gold course. I think it was 88 in the morning and in the afternoon we played 2 man scramble and we were 1-2 under.
Today we stopped and played a course on the way home and another 88.
Lots of good shots but also lots of bad shots and no consistency...........

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Just got home from a 4 day golf trip.

Pre-game was 27 holes Wed at my home course. Shot 81 in the afternoon and then 39 in league
Thurs was 36 holes on the easier of the 2 courses - the Silver course. Played shitty in the morning round and wound up at 94. Came back with an 84 in the afternoon.
Fri was 36 holes again on the Silver course. 88 in the morning and 86 in the afternoon
Sat was 36 holes on the Gold course. I think it was 88 in the morning and in the afternoon we played 2 man scramble and we were 1-2 under.
Today we stopped and played a course on the way home and another 88.
Lots of good shots but also lots of bad shots and no consistency...........

Where'd you go?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So Taylormade had a demo day last Sunday at my home course. I really need to stay home on those days, because once again, that shit cost my another $300. Bought a new Sim 2 3wood. Should be here in a week or so.
They were were last fall and that cost me $299 for a Sim 3hybrid.
Still struggling with the swing this year....
My 3 wood never came in. I guess they lost the order, so instead, they had a brand new Callaway Mavrik 3w, regular flex at the pro shop for $175 on sale. Picked that up. This thing is hot! Hit it beside several Drives the day I got it, and a couple went 10 yards or so further than my Ping driver......
Mavrik driver may be in my future...
Current driver is a Ping G30 that has seen a LOT of action

Last edited:

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My 3 wood never came in. I guess they lost the order, so instead, they had a brand new Callaway Mavrik 3w, regular flex at the pro shop for $175 on sale. Picked that up. This thing is hot! Hit it beside several Drives the day I got it, and a couple went 10 yards or so further than my Ping driver......
Mavrik driver may be in my future...
Current driver is a Ping G30 that has seen a LOT of action

Huh weird I hit my 3w past a lot of drivers too ... ask @WNYTony

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Huh weird I hit my 3w past a lot of drivers too ... ask @WNYTony
Think mine is due to still having a stiff shaft in my driver. Rest are all regular flex. Getting old sucks.
Playing today, and am gonna swap shafts to a regular flex and see what happens. The regular shaft I have is pretty whippy though....
Only reason I've stayed with a stiff shaft in the past was due to timing issues.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Think mine is due to still having a stiff shaft in my driver. Rest are all regular flex. Getting old sucks.
Playing today, and am gonna swap shafts to a regular flex and see what happens. The regular shaft I have is pretty whippy though....
Only reason I've stayed with a stiff shaft in the past was due to timing issues.
I'm pushing 42 and I just moved up to X-stiff in my driver. step your game up son!

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm pushing 42 and I just moved up to X-stiff in my driver. step your game up son!

It's funny - I get on the simulator and take my first few driver swings and we start talking about what im looking at. He points out that I'm right between stiff / extra stiff. I mentioned that I always avoided XS because I didn't want rebar in my hands. He made the valid point that nowadays a lot of XS is more like stiff++ depending on the manufacturer so the feel might be right. And sure enough in this case it was.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
It's funny - I get on the simulator and take my first few driver swings and we start talking about what im looking at. He points out that I'm right between stiff / extra stiff. I mentioned that I always avoided XS because I didn't want rebar in my hands. He made the valid point that nowadays a lot of XS is more like stiff++ depending on the manufacturer so the feel might be right. And sure enough in this case it was.

What shaft did you get fit for for irons? Stiff or XStiff?? How far you GAMING 7i at?

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here’s a good one for you all, so this past Saturday was my neighborhood annual garage sale, so we always do it and I had 2 good aftermarket shafts in it, a Mitsubishi rayon Fubuki J series Stiff driver shaft with Taylormade adapter and a kuro kage hybrid shaft. So long story short we had a big wave of people come at once and total traffic jam on the street people walking through yards etc so I was selling the shaft for $100 I originally paid $500 for it about 5 years ago but I just spin it too much, someone walked up handed my mom $1 for it she didn’t realize what he had until it was too late and he bolted through the yard. I was helping a lady and making change and never saw it happen. I walked up and down the street as soon as I found out and couldn’t find the guy anywhere.