What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Yeah, that's what I surmised by perusing the interwebs. Plus is adding, not making stronger

Yeah +2 is loft increase, so 19° becomes 21°. Higher ball flight. Typically shorter carry distance. One other thing you should know, a lot of clubs with adjustable hozels will also change lie angle and slightly open/close the clube face, not just the loft of “+2” so you should really find the adjustment sheet for each club or have a fitter do it. A lot of Tittelist have 2 gears on the hozzle for this reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yeah +2 is loft increase, so 19° becomes 21°. Higher ball flight. Typically shorter carry distance. One other thing you should know, a lot of clubs with adjustable hozels will also change lie angle and slightly open/close the clube face, not just the loft of “+2” so you should really find the adjustment sheet for each club or have a fitter do it. A lot of Tittelist have 2 gears on the hozzle for this reason

I'm gonna got get fitted for my entire bag this fall. Probably get some new irons over the winter.
I do know that the 23* set to +2* averages 185, while my six iron is 165-170. Big gap there

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
@mitetak I remember seeing a post by you either here or on the other site about getting a better fitting glove. No glove will ever fit well on that finger cause it's gone. Decided to stick my left hand a little to close to a snowblower many years ago and lost. Cost me the tip of the middle and the first 3 won't bend at the end joints. So ever since I've had to use a baseball style grip and just deal with it. That's why I'm such a hack !

+8 44 in league tonight - uuggghhh
0980f3a0554976ef4f6358d5b021b83c.jpg

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@mitetak I remember seeing a post by you either here or on the other site about getting a better fitting glove. No glove will ever fit well on that finger cause it's gone. Decided to stick my left hand a little to close to a snowblower many years ago and lost. Cost me the tip of the middle and the first 3 won't bend at the end joints. So ever since I've had to use a baseball style grip and just deal with it. That's why I'm such a hack !

+8 44 in league tonight - uuggghhh
0980f3a0554976ef4f6358d5b021b83c.jpg

Indeed but it could fit the rest of your hand better!! With gloves it's almost always a size down for most people (or in my case half size - the range for my gloves go S -> M -> M/L -> L -> XL)

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played 2 rounds yesterday, the first being at my home course. Played pretty good. Putting is still pretty bad. Could have easily been 4 strokes less.
Hole 4 is incorrect. Tee shot was to 5 feet, then a putt. Mis marked it as a shot, not a putt.
Screenshot_20200831-064244_Golf Pad.jpg

I then drove to our sister course in Dalhart 45 miles west to play there. It's a harder course, both layout and the fact that they dont irrigate the fairways. Greens were in terrible shape. Dont think I'll be playing there again anytime soon. Lost a ball after my third on 17. Green is surrounded by some type of Fir, or Evergreens. 12 foot tall bushes, really. Rolled up under one of them. All in all, played decent, but once again, putting is killing me.
Screenshot_20200831-064611_Golf Pad.jpg

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played yesterday. Shot a 93. 43 on the front (with a quad on a par three!!!) and then I turned and shot 50 on the back with a birdie on the last hole (lost everything I had going on the first 9).

was a beautiful day.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played Sunday - shot a 91 during a five hour round. One par five took literally 30 minutes. Glad we started our day around 1130 or we might've not beaten sundown. Geezus. So hard to find any rhythm or comfort.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
A guy in Oklahoma ties a world record 55 this weekend. I've shot that low before, on Tiger Woods 2012 on the PS3. To do it in real life is seriously impressive.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
A guy in Oklahoma ties a world record 55 this weekend. I've shot that low before, on Tiger Woods 2012 on the PS3. To do it in real life is seriously impressive.

Ive shot that as well, in real life...... but i did it in 9 holes

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Scramble last weekend for Autism Awareness. Supposed to play Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun this weekend but are just doing day trips close to home rather than our traditional fall golf trip........... stupid Covid

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played yesterday - was 75-80 with a decent breeze but gorgeous (its < 60 and rainy today).

Played with my dad. A good drive (downhill / wind aided) is 180 for him - 140ish normally so he really should be playing the forward tees - he does not. So I moved up a set and played about 5900 yards just to keep from killing him - he is stubborn.

Shot an 82. As usual - end of season and I actually found something with my irons (hit them very well). I was putting good too (31 putts). Fastest greens I've been on this summer and I always seem to putt better on quicker greens.

Was a great time - weather seems to be turning rapidly. We'll see how much more I can get out.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Played yesterday - was 75-80 with a decent breeze but gorgeous (its < 60 and rainy today).

Played with my dad. A good drive (downhill / wind aided) is 180 for him - 140ish normally so he really should be playing the forward tees - he does not. So I moved up a set and played about 5900 yards just to keep from killing him - he is stubborn.

Shot an 82. As usual - end of season and I actually found something with my irons (hit them very well). I was putting good too (31 putts). Fastest greens I've been on this summer and I always seem to putt better on quicker greens.

Was a great time - weather seems to be turning rapidly. We'll see how much more I can get out.
It is getting about that time isn't it Tim, when you start wondering is each round you play will be the last one of the season.........

We played our final week of league last night. Didn't make the playoffs this year so we played in the loser's scramble. A lousy 1 under isn't going to win us any consolation prize.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It is getting about that time isn't it Tim, when you start wondering is each round you play will be the last one of the season.........

We played our final week of league last night. Didn't make the playoffs this year so we played in the loser's scramble. A lousy 1 under isn't going to win us any consolation prize.

So true about the weather :(

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Any of you guys ever play anything like X Golf during the winter?

Never even heard of it, but then again I've never even seen a Top Golf

Played 27 today - was a frost delay this morning and around 40 when we teed off. Never play that great with 3 layers on and the course was backed up so it was dreadfully slow all day long. Think I shot a 45 on the morning 9 and an 89 on the afternoon 18. Plenty of bad shots but I was out there playing all day with several good cigars........ and we're going again tomorrow :D

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played yesterday am. Shot an 89. It felt far worse so I'm certainly not upset by that #. Played a course I hadn't seen in probably 8 or 9 years. It was in decent shape and the pace was good (we got around in less than four hours).

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Played yesterday. Played ok at the 3M open qualifier course. Shot a 92 from the back tees with (2) +4 and a +3 . I wanted to play the senior tees but i was peer pressured into the back tees.