What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
85 today. Missed a lot of puts by 1/2 a ball width. I always wonder on days like that if its cause they just moved the hole recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could be. One thing I noticed on our course when they started rolling the greens, they left the pin in and rolled around it. This left a small hump all the way around the hole. Wouldn't believe it if I didnt see it happening personally.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Could be. One thing I noticed on our course when they started rolling the greens, they left the pin in and rolled around it. This left a small hump all the way around the hole. Wouldn't believe it if I didnt see it happening personally.

Wow....

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

That seems shitty - it takes two seconds to pull the flag and roll over it to keep that from happening.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
They plugged our greens this week so they are all sandy and shitty for a little while. Got out yesterday before league end dinner. We played 23 or 24 holes - skipping around. Hit the ball pretty well and other than one in the water a few birdies, mainly pars and some bogeys. Missed a birdie putt and then an eagle chip in after they both hit the pin and stayed out - on the same hole.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
What color balls do you guys play in the fall once the leaves are all over the course? Is it substantially easier to find than white? I prefer white but am contemplating switching if a colored ball is worth it.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
What color balls do you guys play in the fall once the leaves are all over the course? Is it substantially easier to find than white? I prefer white but am contemplating switching if a colored ball is worth it.

I dont change my ball up - although this year i've started to add some yellow in for fun. But haven't played in the fall yet with them.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've been playing yellow for the better part of the year. I prefer them now. Fall isnt an issue for us because the only trees at the course are some kind of elm tree. Very tiny leaves. You have to play a white ball in spring to early summer due to the amount of dandelions growing....

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So, finally feeling better after a week of transitioning into a Keto diet. Played 18 Tuesday and shot a horrible 93. I bet I didnt have three well struck shots the whole round.
Went out this morning and played 27 holes, with the last 9 being from the blues. Think I've got my problem sorted finally. Not enough body turn was causing me to hit REALLY fat.
Screenshot_20200925-152525_Golf Pad.jpg

Third 9 was pretty good, except for a pulled OB Tee shot on 3.
Screenshot_20200925-152542_Golf Pad.jpg

The absolute hardest thing about this diet is no beer. Golf seems a lot tougher without swing lube......

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

I've been playing the Callaway orange balls alot of the time and they're easier to find and I always know which is mine, but I would say they're any easier in the fall cause they tend to blend in with the leaves.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Taylormade had a demo day at my home course. After hitting 40 or so balls with a Sim driver and changing two or three shafts, the guy said this is what you should be playing. I asked if I could hit my driver on the launch monitor to compare
Hit my Ping G30 easily 30yds farther and quite a bit higher with every shot. Spin was crazy high though. 4300 or so, but i hit down on it.
He changed my setup at address as well.
That screwed the round I played after up pretty bad. Pulled everything. I stuck with the changes, and by hole 18, I finally striped an 8 iron with a baby draw 155 yds. Usually a 145 club.
The drive on that hole was 10-20 yds further as well using this new setup.
Long story short, I basically got a small lesson out of the deal. Did not buy the driver, but did spring for a new Sim 3hy. Cant hit my woods for shit, so this should be a decent tradeoff. $249.
Most expensive single club I have ever purchased. Should be in Monday or Tuesday.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Taylormade had a demo day at my home course. After hitting 40 or so balls with a Sim driver and changing two or three shafts, the guy said this is what you should be playing. I asked if I could hit my driver on the launch monitor to compare
Hit my Ping G30 easily 30yds farther and quite a bit higher with every shot. Spin was crazy high though. 4300 or so, but i hit down on it.
He changed my setup at address as well.
That screwed the round I played after up pretty bad. Pulled everything. I stuck with the changes, and by hole 18, I finally striped an 8 iron with a baby draw 155 yds. Usually a 145 club.
The drive on that hole was 10-20 yds further as well using this new setup.
Long story short, I basically got a small lesson out of the deal. Did not buy the driver, but did spring for a new Sim 3hy. Cant hit my woods for shit, so this should be a decent tradeoff. $249.
Most expensive single club I have ever purchased. Should be in Monday or Tuesday.

I bought a titelist 818 hybrid for the same reason. Used for a song. It was a fail safe club 1/2 the year, not so much anymore. Golf is hard.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Lousy 89 today. Everything dry and hard so ran it thru several greens and had 4-5 three putts. Rimmed another eagle chip and made par after it ran about 15' away on the rim shot. Hopefully a better day tomorrow on the home course.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Anybody have an indoor putting mat they recommend? Ive been looking at this one for winter practice.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Mine is a Big Moss and I would recommend it. raised so the ball falls into the cup and it helps train you to get the ball to the hole because you're putting uphill to the raised cup. They aren't the cheapest on the market though.

Hit it so-so again today. A few bad holes and probably high 80's again.

Last edited:

SoCal Gunner

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
@mitetak I remember seeing a post by you either here or on the other site about getting a better fitting glove. No glove will ever fit well on that finger cause it's gone. Decided to stick my left hand a little to close to a snowblower many years ago and lost. Cost me the tip of the middle and the first 3 won't bend at the end joints. So ever since I've had to use a baseball style grip and just deal with it. That's why I'm such a hack !

+8 44 in league tonight - uuggghhh
0980f3a0554976ef4f6358d5b021b83c.jpg
This pic shows up in my tapatalk threads and I click it.
Then Tony says something about his fingers in a snowblower and I figured that was a local term for a Hooker in Buffalo until I Google it.
595b248ef912930253bf74822d554047.jpg