What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
League night last night - we play for three points - two match play points (handicap included) and then a single point for team best ball.

Around 10 minutes prior to my tee time my partner advised me that he wouldn't be showing up. So it was just me vs my guy (the other play gets his point and doesn't really have to play) - and then my score for best ball - while they both get to contribute to theirs.

ended up beating my guy 2 up - and taking best ball as well (my 21 handicap translates into 11 strokes on that side of the course and I played well). Shot a 45 - that should've been more like a 42 or so if it wasn't for a bunch of stupid three putts. (i also had to hit punch shots on 4 of the first five holes - one of them being a par 3).

was beautiful weather and the guys I was playing were good dudes. definitely a solid night. no golf again for me until probably August 7th or so (family trip to FL next week) glad I took a break on a high note!

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
+5 40 in league last night. Should have had back to back birdies but I wound up 3 jacking from about a foot and a half. We had the hole or I probably would have taken a little time on the second......

Then today this shows up in my damn mailbox. First - a lovely note

9907b0c460bcc556dd4ca8233bb3132c.jpg

and a couple dozen golf balls - personalized just for for me by @Redneck_toy

fcd86e4c5d1412b5659375a251cd4c6a.jpg

and of course a few tees

dfd32dccc9818cafe8c58cb99176344b.jpg

Laughed my ass off Robert, and I'll play those with pride sir - although I must say that I almost never have that particular shot in my game.
Ya got me - great hit

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So I played 18 today after 3-1/2 hrs sleep after i got off at 5:30 this morning. Shot the front 9 at 5 over to #9 with an OB second shot on hole #3. 3 over on that hole.
I then ran into a supervisor from work (not my direct) that has been blowing smoke up my ass for the past few months. Got into it about my working 80 hrs a month OT that was promised to be over by July. August comes, and 80 more hours ot are staring at me.
Anyway, after that, I tee off on 9 and leave 75 yds out. Usually 140. Flub 2 chips, and three putt.
Back nine was decent, had one birdie, and no doubles, but was so pissed off I didn't keep score.
It could've been a great round, but I regress.
Gonna play tomorrow morning for my birthday, hopefully I'll hit some good shots.
New swing has added 10- 15 yds consistently to all iron shots, but the draw is not reliable yet.

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I played 18 today after 3-1/2 hrs sleep after i got off at 5:30 this morning. Shot the front 9 at 5 over to #9 with an OB second shot on hole #3. 3 over on that hole.
I then ran into a supervisor from work (not my direct) that has been blowing smoke up my ass for the past few months. Got into it about my working 80 hrs a month OT that was promised to be over by July. August comes, and 80 more hours ot are staring at me.
Anyway, after that, I tee off on 9 and leave 75 yds out. Usually 140. Flub 2 chips, and three putt.
Back nine was decent, had one birdie, and no doubles, but was so pissed off I didn't keep score.
It could've been a great round, but I regress.
Gonna play tomorrow morning for my birthday, hopefully I'll hit some good shots.
New swing has added 10- 15 yds consistently to all iron shots, but the draw is not reliable yet.
Hopefully work gets better for you! Only good thing is more cigar money! Also to hit the draw what method are you using? Inside to out? Or rolling the hands over?

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Just home the other day from my yearly golf outing.

played thurs - sunday - 27, 45, 36, 18 (and then drove the 9.5hrs home immediately after).

shot 87, 90, 90, 84 for the scored rounds (we played scramble and alternate shot rounds too). ended up winning the thing (net using the peoria handicap system - we have a gross award too but there are only 5 or 6 guys who *could* win that any year so its slightly down the list of status), a long drive (would've won two but we don't allow that) and our scramble team took the scramble round. Great times with a group of 19. Had a few last minute bailouts - next year should be more like 24.

k3umNZ4.jpg

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Played 9 with my uncle today at small local course. Played real well shot 37 +1. 2nd hole the tee box is close to some trees on the left and it’s a short par 4 about 240yds slightly right and uphill. Took 4 hybrid and just barely caught low branch which took a lot off of it. Ended up about 215yds on the left side in the rough. Normally I drive the green and I’ve had a few eagles on the hole before. Fast forward to #7 about 155 par 3 slightly downhill 2 greens today it was the right green hit a hard 9 put it about 12 feet from the I’m reading my birdie put and I get nailed in the back of leg with a ball from a some guy on #6 tee. The play on 6 is to hit a 7 iron and cut as much off you can on the left along with a draw to leave you 20yds from the green. (Downhill short par 4 dogleg left with a creek). But people hit driver all the time and put into #7. Wouldn’t the first time I’ve been hit, my freshman year of hs first day of golf try outs a few holes in I’m just off the right side about 5 feet into the rough so I’m standing there waiting for another kid who was trying out to hit and this was in the middle of a large junior tournament that we used a try out and I was about 5 yards ahead and he nicked the ball on his practice swing and bam right into my head and I absolutely just dropped like I was dead right to the temple. Long story short had to withdraw and go to the hospital luckily everything was okay. And to say the kid and I never got along after lol till he quit when he got caught dropping balls and fluffing.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just home the other day from my yearly golf outing.

played thurs - sunday - 27, 45, 36, 18 (and then drove the 9.5hrs home immediately after).

shot 87, 90, 90, 84 for the scored rounds (we played scramble and alternate shot rounds too). ended up winning the thing (net using the peoria handicap system - we have a gross award too but there are only 5 or 6 guys who *could* win that any year so its slightly down the list of status), a long drive (would've won two but we don't allow that) and our scramble team took the scramble round. Great times with a group of 19. Had a few last minute bailouts - next year should be more like 24.

k3umNZ4.jpg

That's awesome Tim - this must have been right after you slipped on the jacket. Congrats

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
That's awesome Tim - this must have been right after you slipped on the jacket. Congrats
it was - the funny part is that three years ago the original founder and organizer of this outing stepped back (he still attends - just needed to get the event functions off his plate) and myself and three others took it over. In that three year window now 3 of the 4 of committee members have won the jacket. conspiracy theories abound!!