What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Played 9 with my uncle, shot 41 hit the ball well and should have had 3 more birdies (1) just missed the putt on the edge each time. The course we play isn’t in good shape and bad cups. Drove the green on 2 with 3 wood about 270yds and ended up with par (4). Then on 3 I hit driver and got a tad right and kicked hard right but still landed even with the green about 310yds. So I was really long today much longer then normal.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Very lousy 86 today in a small tourney. But that one shot, the one that stuck 18" from the cup for a birdie that got me a skin, won me $55 so I can live with it.
Playing tomorrow with my oldest buy while he's in town. He's in the process of moving from Florida to Georgia - some little town called Augusta (y)

Wookie

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son has been at golf camp all week. Been playing 9 to 18 every day this week. I am in heaven. View attachment 4315View attachment 4316View attachment 4317View attachment 4319
My son has been at golf camp all week. Been playing 9 to 18 every day this week. I am in heaven. View attachment 4315View attachment 4316View attachment 4317View attachment 4319
Awesome...my 12 year old is getting into it now and we play after dinner almost every night. Only problem is your son needs a wolverine hat (my alma mater 😁). Best thing in the world to play with our kids!!!👍👍

MikeZ37

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Playing 18 tomorrow at the resort we’re at in Cali and it’ll be my first time using rental clubs. Which are undoubtedly nicer than my actual clubs but hey it’ll give me an excuse anyway. Oh and Torrey pines is less than 10 minutes away but no chance of playing there

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Went to Dalhart 45 miles west to play today. Dumas ( my home course) plays them every year in the Ryder cup. This year is here in Dumas. Shot a 90 on a par 72. Not my best, but not bad considering I've only played the course once three years ago. Most par threes are 180-200 vs. 130 to 160 on my course. Good for long iron practice.
Speaking of the Ryder Cup, the reason I'm not playing is because I missed the cutoff by three days to enter. A week after I asked to join and was denied, a guy dropped out and they let another guy take his place. SMH. It's pretty cliquey there, and I've never been on the inside of any clique. Fuck it, is what I say. All the while I have the captain of the B team, and the club pro telling me I need to play in the Ryder cup.
Sorry about the bitching, just needed to unload.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played with my wife and her best friend. Wife shot 113 - she found a rhythm with her driver and irons. But she has nothing around the greens. She's probably the best greens reader I've ever met but she has put zero practice in putting or short game. If she would do that at any point she'd break 100 easily almost every round.

Her friend shot 87 - he's normally mid 70s. He was not having a day!

I shot an 89, second best score of the year. I owe it all to a driver that was cooperating. Hit seven fairways, and the ones I missed I wasn't missing by much (except for the two holes that I snap hooked OB) so I always had a swing at the green. Was a good day and a great walk.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
+8 79 today in a little tournament - took 2nd low gross

40d4fd4d5b800e151241650420ad6355.jpg

MikeZ37

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’ve got a 645am tee time tomorrow at a course I’ve never played and it’s not exactly close by so I’ll have to be up at the ass crack of dawn in order to make it on time. I’m not a morning person so this should be an interesting round. Heading to the range tonight to hopefully workout some bugs from my last round.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What did you think of the new EL ? Nobody else seemed too impressed but I thought it was pretty damn good.

Oh I like them alot. They aren't quite the '14 but pretty close. I've bought in about 2.5 boxes deep already.

+11 82 today on my home course. Wish I could make a few putts ! Playing tomorrow away at a little tougher track but at 8:30 - screw that 6:45 b/s !

MikeZ37

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Back to back birdies on the front nine today was pretty exciting. I was putting surprisingly well. The rest of the round not so much... ended up with a 92. Hands down the nicest course I’ve played in the area though

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I played 18 Friday. Not sure where the scorecard went, wasn't in the cart when I returned it, and wasn't in my jeep. High 80's, I'm guessing. Not the best round but was trying some different things. Playing the ball back of center, etc. Actually produced a few baby draws with the shorter irons. I also decided to keep track of the beers I was drinking on which hole. Clearly got better 2-3 in, then by my 5th on 17 was pretty much hitting about the same as with no beer. (Solo round is usually 2- to 2-1/2 hours) Working midnights until Tuesday morning, then 2-1/2 days off. Gonna play all three days and keep track of the beer intake. Should be interesting. Hopefully I'll make it to the Jeep with the scorecards. Lol