What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Spoke with Dan at Sub70 for a bit about shafts.

I have real high ball flight (likely cause by me, not the gear). My current shafts are DG S300s which are already low flight shafts. But my goal is to bring that down anywhere I can.

After some discussion outside of continuing to work on my swing he thinks that my swing speed can probably handle something the X100s or C-Taper X's soft stepped (so making them not `quite` full X-flex) and it'd definitely push that ball flight down a bit.

I'm not sure when Ill be ordering but their 60-day guarantee basically means it's something I'm going to give a run at some point (i'm guessing next season since the wife is in line for clubs next - and the sub 70s will likely be cheaper than hers too :) )

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Also this is in line for launch monitors:

powered by foresight. I suspect itll be similar to the Garmin - while using Foresights data. Still calculated vs measured

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
4b0a04f2d12410eb666bb4fe5070e8f7.jpg

53be5d7400803e73f834122446ea5535.jpg

6i and pw @mitetak. Definitely some offset and top line but it doesn’t bother me in the least. I was getting better distance, launch and dispersion, the one round ive played them this far, than the sim2 max that i was fit to by golf tec. Didnt buy those. Fitting off a mat is hard for me with my elbow. I take a divot and get scared of hitting a mat the same way and hurting my elbow. That leads to thin shots and a more shallow attack angle than I actually game. I get way better feed back from these as well. I demo’d the 699 pro and i feel like there is minimal aesthetic difference between the 2 and i hit the 699 way better. Im a pretty decent ball striker but need more help with distance than the CB/MB irons ive tried.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
4b0a04f2d12410eb666bb4fe5070e8f7.jpg

53be5d7400803e73f834122446ea5535.jpg

6i and pw @mitetak. Definitely some offset and top line but it doesn’t bother me in the least. I was getting better distance, launch and dispersion, the one round ive played them this far, than the sim2 max that i was fit to by golf tec. Didnt buy those. Fitting off a mat is hard for me with my elbow. I take a divot and get scared of hitting a mat the same way and hurting my elbow. That leads to thin shots and a more shallow attack angle than I actually game. I get way better feed back from these as well. I demo’d the 699 pro and i feel like there is minimal aesthetic difference between the 2 and i hit the 699 way better. Im a pretty decent ball striker but need more help with distance than the CB/MB irons ive tried.
Yeah thats not too bad at all! I hope they continue to play well for you!

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got a story for the books so last Friday we played River Hills so on the back 9 I wasn’t playing great but not horrible but I was smashing drives all day so I hit a drive but left it way open and it’s trucking right for a house which then we just hear a thud. We drive up and the guys sitting under his covered patio and was like here’s your ball and I apologize and asked him where it hit and he goes in all my years living here that’s the closest I’ve gotten to getting hit, you nailed the grill then it went right under the tv then hit the wall then past my head and then the patio into the yard, but your lucky because if it would have broken my beer we’d have problems lol.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got a story for the books so last Friday we played River Hills so on the back 9 I wasn’t playing great but not horrible but I was smashing drives all day so I hit a drive but left it way open and it’s trucking right for a house which then we just hear a thud. We drive up and the guys sitting under his covered patio and was like here’s your ball and I apologize and asked him where it hit and he goes in all my years living here that’s the closest I’ve gotten to getting hit, you nailed the grill then it went right under the tv then hit the wall then past my head and then the patio into the yard, but your lucky because if it would have broken my beer we’d have problems lol.
that's someone who gets living in the line of fire.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got my shafts and ferrules in. Can't believe how light these things are.
Giving everything to my buddy here at work to swap them out. Should have them back in a couple of days. I'll post up results of this experiment in a couple weeks. Working through Friday after next.....

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Snell for life!!

Love snell but Bridgestone are made in the USA. Actually i typically play snell but with the shortages they had i played the Tour BX all year. Have a few dozen MTB-X but im doing a golf spy ball test/review for the Maxfli Tour balls and figured it would be easier to compare them to a ball ive been playing. Plus almost everyone else in the pool is gonna be comparing to snell. Will probably switch back to Snell once review is over.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm always interested in club tinkering.

I've gone ahead and subscribed to Clay Ballard's website (topspeedgolf) for a year. I like the videos on youtube and figured I'd give it a shot to see all that he has more in depth

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm still playing the Callaway Supersoft. (2nd year) At $2/ ea., they're hard to beat. I will admit they don't check quite as good as a pro v1 on close chips, but have been playing more and more PW and 9i bump and runs when possible.