What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm still playing the Callaway Supersoft. (2nd year) At $2/ ea., they're hard to beat. I will admit they don't check quite as good as a pro v1 on close chips, but have been playing more and more PW and 9i bump and runs when possible.
Tell you what Robert one of my best rounds of the year is with a like new super soft I found the round before those and the chrome soft both really go for me.

Last edited:

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got my clubs back yesterday. Went to the driving range to try them out.
Initial impressions are good. They are at least 1 club longer, maybe more. Old 8 iron was 145 with a mid/high flight. With the new shafts I was easily flying the 150 yd marker from the back of the hitting area with range balls, but the height is a concern. It's never not windy here, and we play in 15+ mph winds a lot.
Even my 3/4 follow through shots were high. It's a penetrating flight, but could easily balloon on me hitting into stiff wind.
Gonna play 9 after work today to work out the yardages with a gamer ball, and play around with my stance a tad to see if I can lower the flight a little.
Either way, it's a fun experiment

EDIT: The clubs are all a D2 swing weight, which is what they were with the steel shafts.

Last edited:

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
@Redneck_toy while graphite shafts typically encourage high launch, i found that i subcontiously was setting up to mine when they were new, and swinging, like they were fairway woods. I think cause i was used to only looking down at graphite with my fairways and hybrids. Once I was aware of that, i dropped my flight a lot and kept the extra distance.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Redneck_toy while graphite shafts typically encourage high launch, i found that i subcontiously was setting up to mine when they were new, and swinging, like they were fairway woods. I think cause i was used to only looking down at graphite with my fairways and hybrids. Once I was aware of that, i dropped my flight a lot and kept the extra distance.
Hoping I do the same. It's not insanely high now, but higher than I'd like. Sub 5 mph wind, it'd be perfect. Holding greens wouldn't be a problem with these angles, I'm sure

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Returned yesterday from my yearly golf trip.

27, 36, 36, 18 (and then a 9hr drive immediately after)

The three scored rounds I shot 94, 91, 85. The first 27 similar scores (around 90).

The last two rounds were a scramble (we won it at 10 under) and a 6/6/6 round (3-man teams, 6 holes straight up - score is average of the high/low, 6 holes alternate shot, 6 holes scramble).

Was a great time and the 25th year of this event. Weather held off on Friday night - thunderstorms only rolling in after we finished 36 for the day (about 30 minutes after).

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Returned yesterday from my yearly golf trip.

27, 36, 36, 18 (and then a 9hr drive immediately after)

The three scored rounds I shot 94, 91, 85. The first 27 similar scores (around 90).

The last two rounds were a scramble (we won it at 10 under) and a 6/6/6 round (3-man teams, 6 holes straight up - score is average of the high/low, 6 holes alternate shot, 6 holes scramble).

Was a great time and the 25th year of this event. Weather held off on Friday night - thunderstorms only rolling in after we finished 36 for the day (about 30 minutes after).
Sounds like an awesome trip Tim !

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
A lousy 89 in Member-Guest on Saturday and then a 39 tonight in league. Stupid game
AHhahaha - yep

I'd barely broken a 100 most of the season and I get to the outing and its 94, 91, 85. WTF.

I have a member guest with a buddy next week, then its off to MA to a vendor outing the following weekend

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Stupid game..... 2 in the water and 1 OB on the front today for an ugly +12 48. Was going to shoot for the always fun 48-38 but I sank about a 25 footer for birdie on the last hole to blow that. 48-37 / 85 with a +2 37 on the back nine. @Tyler86 didn't you just have a round like this ???

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Stupid game..... 2 in the water and 1 OB on the front today for an ugly +12 48. Was going to shoot for the always fun 48-38 but I sank about a 25 footer for birdie on the last hole to blow that. 48-37 / 85 with a +2 37 on the back nine. @Tyler86 didn't you just have a round like this ???

Yeah +14 on the front. Finished like +16 i think. It was crazy

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
went out around 430 last night with my BIL. figured we'd get 18 in. shot an 86. first swings since the golf outing. surprised it went that well.