What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Shot a decent 86 yesterday at my home course with one OB shot on 15. Did not use the golf pad app to keep score due to it being finicky loading up on my watch.
Anyway, makes me feel a lot better than that 107 I had in Amarillo. Could not seem to make solid contact that day.
I hit a fairway bunker that day, 90yds out. After I hit my shot, grabbed the rake and proceeded to get a palm full of fiberglass in my left hand. I guess I could blame that. Lol

Last edited:

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Shot a decent 86 yesterday at my home course with one OB shot on 15. Did not use the golf pad app to keep score due to it being finicky loading up on my watch.
Anyway, makes me feel a lot better than that 107 I had in Amarillo. Could not seem to make solid contact that day.
I hit a fairway bunker that day, 90yds out. After I hit my shot, grabbed the rake and proceeded to get a palm full of fiberglass in my left hand. I guess I could blame that. Lol

Always use the glove hand....

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Wound up playing 36 today. 89-85. Driver actually drew 20% of the time, with 4 or 5 pull hooks.
Pretty confident I'm "dropping it into the slot" in the downswing. Hybrids were solid. Drew several shots with them, but usually at the wrong times. Short irons were straight for the most part, minus a few pulled shots. Weight shift still needs some work, but overall, I have more consistency.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Lousy 88 today. Was playing pretty decent on the back until I rocketed 2 OB on 17 ! We'll see what tomorrow brings. A rare nice weather weekend in November !

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Stupid golf is hard. Played a new course in the wind today. Shot a lousy 92. Among my list of excuses, work beat the crap outta me yesterday. Whole body was stiff front 9, shoulders still tight. Does “extra bonus” golf after courses re open due to freak warm weather after weeks of snow, count towards handicap?!?!?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Stupid golf is hard. Played a new course in the wind today. Shot a lousy 92. Among my list of excuses, work beat the crap outta me yesterday. Whole body was stiff front 9, shoulders still tight. Does “extra bonus” golf after courses re open due to freak warm weather after weeks of snow, count towards handicap?!?!?
Yes they do. Lol. How old are you, by the way?
Me thinks you're younger than Tony and I. I turned 49 Aug. 3rd.
Age and Temp. definitely are correlated to your score at our age...

Last edited:

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Wind is blowing like a bitch this weekend, which plays into me being an affectionate husband for the wife. Watching a lot of movies, spending time with my better half, without which, I'd have probably been dead without her in my life. I'm a piece of shit. Make damn good money, but have a very addictive personality. She is what keeps me from going over the edge.
Enough of the squishy crap. Its windy as hell here through Monday, so it kinda works out.

EDIT: The whole time this weekend, I'm thinking of the next time I'm on the course...
Like I said, I'm a piece of shit......

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
You're still a young guy. I'm envious for sure.
Dont let it pass you by. One day before long you'll wake up and be old. Its bullshit, I tell ya.

EDIT: THE 86 on your title just clicked. Duh...

Lol. Ive been laboring my whole life dude. I move like a 50 year old already lol. Woke up the other day and my daughter goes to school and my son was getting him self breakfast, they were babies last week i swear lol. Gonna head out in a couple hours for the last round of the season i think. Talking snow and highs in the 30s next week. That will be the end

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hit them long and straight, brother. Wind here now at sunrise is 22mph from the SSW, forecast to get to 29 by sundown

Last edited: