What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Day 1 looked like lawn darts on the greens. Saw several approach shots plug where they hit. Not the usual tap and roll 30 feet greens I'm used to seeing.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Everyone except him seems to be struggling. Bryson was dead last a while ago. JT with that one in the drink @15, Rahm with a penalty on 8......
Course is starting to dry out

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Interesting to watch DJ clean up like. Guarantee in April we dont see scores that high at all.

Augusta HATES high scores. This course was soft this week - even with their sub air system. Not unsurprising this time of year though.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Interesting to watch DJ clean up like. Guarantee in April we dont see scores that high at all.

Augusta HATES high scores. This course was soft this week - even with their sub air system. Not unsurprising this time of year though.
Yeah, when he's on his game, he's hard to run down. Not upset he won. I have a couple favorites, but as long as Patrick Reed didnt win, I'm cool.
That guy is a piece of crap. Between his stealing in college, and cheating in charity tourneys, he has no integrity, IMO.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yeah, when he's on his game, he's hard to run down. Not upset he won. I have a couple favorites, but as long as Patrick Reed didnt win, I'm cool.
That guy is a piece of crap. Between his stealing in college, and cheating in charity tourneys, he has no integrity, IMO.

OH GOD YES. He is literally just about the ONLY person in golf I will root against EVERY time.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Clubs shipped out today. Be here sometime Friday, which is nice, because they are signature required and I'll be off. It also sucks because FedEx can show up anywhere from 9am to 8pm. No golf for me unless they get here early.
Been high 60's here for a week now

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Worked a midnight last night. Wake up this morning to find the clubs sitting on the porch.

20201120_103939.jpg

20201120_103323.jpg

20201120_103332.jpg

20201120_103356.jpg

Shafts are True Temper Elevate, 95gr, regular flex. Guy said these are real similar to the shafts in my G400,s. Too scared to order graphite without ever trying them...

16058906353467752995930787786624.jpg

Last edited:

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Those look pretty sweet @Redneck_toy can't wait to see you shank a few off those blades !
They aren't blades, although they look like they are. They are actually a hollow body design like the Taylormade p790 with a polymer insert behind the face. Perimeter weighting is still there, inside the club.
Struggled most of the round yesterday.
My problem was finding center of face. Swing was off all day. Hit 90% of the shots off the toe. I'm talking outside the grooves, on the very end. Having to stand closer to the ball to hit the center. The ones I did hit well flew high, and just as far as my Pings. Well struck balls feel like butter. Thin shots sting the hands pretty good.
I'm happy with the clubs. All these problems are operator error. More range time is needed to sort my swing out even more.
Originally thought the blade length was a tad shorter than my Pings, but comparing both 7 irons, the length is the same.

Last edited: