What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played 18 today from the blues. Did use 2 mulligans on drives. Driver is pretty wayward as of late. Putted for eagle on 17.
Screenshot_20201102-151101_Golf Pad.jpg

Hole 17: The drive was one of my best lately, with a 12mph tailwind. Theres a small downslope about 260 out. If you can hit that, itll propel the ball further quite a bit. Usually around 240 or so
Screenshot_20201102-151845_Golf Pad.jpg

Pulled 18 tee shot into #10 fairway. 2nd hung up in the trees on the edge of 18 fairway. 8 iron punch to 5 feet from green pin high. Chipped that one in for a par. Not a ton of chip ins in my game.
Screenshot_20201102-152200_Golf Pad.jpg

Last edited:

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Here's a few of my more typical holes, then 10 and 11 prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that I'm a hack. Those were not the mulligans, btw, so you can imagine how bad they were.
Hole 10 pulled the drive into the trees..so, I played 10 from 18 AND 18 from 10 today.
Screenshot_20201102-154539_Golf Pad.jpg
Screenshot_20201102-154548_Golf Pad.jpg

Screenshot_20201102-154558_Golf Pad.jpg
Screenshot_20201102-154606_Golf Pad.jpg

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Stumbled across a retired seniors “club” full course and we were LITERALLY the only ones under 65. They all had there own baller golf carts and wouldnt talk to us or play with us lol. Needless to say the vibe sent me into a bad head game. Played to worse round of the year. 70° out and couldnt wait to leave the course thanks to these “members only” assholes on a public course.
402e3ca5f891c2b7b90c7043951a87e1.jpg

Zoom in and count the carts lol. There are 6 behind me and thats on 3 holes

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Stumbled across a retired seniors “club” full course and we were LITERALLY the only ones under 65. They all had there own baller golf carts and wouldnt talk to us or play with us lol. Needless to say the vibe sent me into a bad head game. Played to worse round of the year. 70° out and couldnt wait to leave the course thanks to these “members only” assholes on a public course.
402e3ca5f891c2b7b90c7043951a87e1.jpg

Zoom in and count the carts lol. There are 6 behind me and thats on 3 holes

Hey now - I'm a member with my own baller cart. If I was retired I might think you were talking about me !
70 degrees ! Send that over our way

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Driving cart? With chrome wheels, ball/club washers, built in radio, gps and buffed out paintjob?
Well not quite that pimped out but we do have the ball / club washer over one wheel and the onboard cooler over the other. I'm going to have to tell my buddy we're going to need that radio / gps package next !

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Well not quite that pimped out but we do have the ball / club washer over one wheel and the onboard cooler over the other. I'm going to have to tell my buddy we're going to need that radio / gps package next !

I have zero issue with guys having there own carts. It was just funny that 98% of the people on the course where a couple years from a walker. And we were shunned lol.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have zero issue with guys having there own carts. It was just funny that 98% of the people on the course where a couple years from a walker. And we were shunned lol.
Well of course you were shunned - you're a greens fee guy on "their private course". Happens all the time. You were lucky if they didn't hit into you.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
If they are members they think it's their own private course no matter how public it is
I feel I own my course. I spend 5 minutes on every par 3 fixing divots that shitheads wont repair. I pull beer cans out of the sand buckets, etc.
And yes, the Affliction shirts (MMA) irk the fuck outta me while playing. That is a damn good guess at their ethnicity, wey. (No judgement on race, just dress up a little while playing golf, damn you)
I'm all about the history/ formal dress stuff.
( shorts excluded)
It's a privilege to get to play, IMO. Not a rock concert
EDIT: That being said, I will jam out to Korn, or Tool ( Heavy rock for you old guys, @WNYTony) on the course, but anywhere near another player, I turn it way down. You gotta be respectful

Last edited:

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Went to a real course today. ( Amarillo)
Played the Mustang course at Ross Rogers.
Shot a 107. Hybrids let me down big time.They are usually my best clubs. Driver was straight all day, just pulled 80% of the time. Had +3 more times than should be allowed. Still had a great time with some great guys. Played a 4some.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Redneck_toy i play all over MN. Its crazy how many people dont fix divots!!! Even at 5 star baller courses. If everyone fixed 2, there would never be ANY!!!

What is an “Affliction” shirt?
Affliction is an MMA brand shirt, very gaudy, and sold at every walmart. People south of the border seem to love these gaudy monstrosities.
Screenshot_20201104-203446_Brave.jpg