What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

What shows are you currently binging or have just finished?

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's hard to ignore the fact that Netflix has been pumping out more original shows and movies in the last year than previously imagined, and some of them are just fantastic.

My girlfriend and I just binged hard the last two weeks and finished both The Russian Doll and The Umbrella Academy.

The Russian Doll was fantastic. Created by Amy Poehler (if that doesn't convince you I don't know what will) and starring Natasha Lyonne (probably one of my favorite female actors for the comedy/drama genre, and the only person I actually liked in Orange Is The New Black) It's a quick binge, and entirely worth it.

russian-doll-netflix-canceled-renewed-e1548976069567.jpg

The Umbrella Academy - another original series thats kind of Marvel/DC-esk, with the main characters having abnormal powers in a dysfunctional family trying to stop the coming apocalypse without killing each other first. Worth the binge, the kid who plays Number 5 is fantastic.

47c957b4-41e6-4664-94cb-f6993e72d93c.jpg

I can't forget Marvel, with the Punisher being one of the final Marvel shows to be cancelled by Netflix. IMHO probably the best show Marvel has produced with them, who knows what they were thinking by not renewing and where it will end up since Disney is to be releasing their own streaming service this year. With only a few episodes left to the second season, I'm afraid to finish it and be in another 'show hole' after watching something so good.

the-punisher-netflix-release-date-1026120.jpg

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My hot wife and I are rewatching the Cheers series. It's the first time I've seen most of it and da'gum, it's hilarious!
That's on my list, my girlfriend is currently watching the originalFull House series (after finishing the new one), so after that I may get her to dive in.

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
41bjnqVfWiL.jpg

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've been watching Season Two of Punisher and going through Parks and Rec for the first time, both on Netflix. I laugh at both shows equally, because I'm just that type of twisted.
I get what you mean haha. It's hard to not find some humor in season two, especially with the introduction of Amy, the interactions between her and Frank are some of my favorite parts of the show.

I watched Parks and Rec all the way through for the first time this year and enjoyed every moment of it, such a fantastic cast. For me it beats The Office, which I had to stop watching after a few seasons.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Parks & Rec is one of my all time favorite shows! It's the only show where every single character is my favorite - although, I relate most to Ron Swanson.
Is it the beard, woodworking, whiskey, love of all things meat, or hate for the 'establishment' that you relate with most? :unsure:

I think Ben Wyatt was my favorites in the series, I understood his general awkwardness all too well. But there also wasn't a single bad character besides Mark Brendanawicz

Unpossible_1

Creepy CIA Op
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I get what you mean haha. It's hard to not find some humor in season two, especially with the introduction of Amy, the interactions between her and Frank are some of my favorite parts of the show.

I watched Parks and Rec all the way through for the first time this year and enjoyed every moment of it, such a fantastic cast. For me it beats The Office, which I had to stop watching after a few seasons.
Parks & Rec is one of my all time favorite shows! It's the only show where every single character is my favorite - although, I relate most to Ron Swanson.
April is my Spirit Animal.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just started GoT. Wife and I are both hooked. Also, a big fan of the True Detective series. Great shows. Especially season 1.

Enjoy the ride, GOT is a great story.

I got through most of True Detective season 1 and then just lost track of time. I've been meaning to get back to it.... three years later. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harelson make a killer combo.

Jlb2782

n00b
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Enjoy the ride, GOT is a great story.

I got through most of True Detective season 1 and then just lost track of time. I've been meaning to get back to it.... three years later. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harelson make a killer combo.

So far so goof for GoT!!

As far as True Detective goes. First season was great. And they do make a killer combo, but the switch casts every season. Second season wasn't as good. But still decent. Third season is really good I think. Wraps up this Sunday.

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I watched season 3-6 and then 12-14, watched a couple episodes of some season in the early 20's. It wears off fast for me... But its good while it lasts!

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk