What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
got out on Saturday for my last round. High of 50 - solid 15mph winds. Was a bit chilly. Didn't keep score. Just swung the clubs. Was a good day (had a few pars and a few ..... more than pars)

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
got out on Saturday for my last round. High of 50 - solid 15mph winds. Was a bit chilly. Didn't keep score. Just swung the clubs. Was a good day (had a few pars and a few ..... more than pars)
Finally got 2-1/2 days off, and a cold front blows through. Pretty fitting. No golf for me for a while

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Early march and we've had a REAL quiet winter. But the cold isn't going away just yet! Took a lesson yesterday. Gotta fix some things (or all of the things)

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
lesson again in two weeks. two down four to go.

biggest thing is that Im very 'armsy' - i hit the ball hard but I have to make all kinds of compensations to get the clubhead to the ball in order to make contact. Not surprising and something I knew. So we're basically just trying to get me more rotation so I don't have to 'work' so hard to hit the ball far. Get some of my handsy stuff out of that.

it's hard breaking muscle memory when I'm not reinforcing what I'm learning (just not quite warm enough yet to be out)

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
another lesson yesterday, more trying to break the muscle memory! weather should be great this weekend. that means I won't get out

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've gotta sit out for what will probably be alot of the season this year. Just had surgery and it's going to be a few months before I'll be swinging.
I'll happily look at all the good rounds you'll be posting after these lessons !
Oh man - I hope nothing major my friend!

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
lesson on Tuesday again. still more of the same. really two things.

1) keeping me from swaying away from the target (i slide back a LOT)
2) knocking back the goat humping

its TOUGH to break these habits. I may actually get my first real round of golf in on Sunday assuming the weather holds!

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played Sunday. It was not great. Shot a smooth 100! First round of the year and trying to implement one or two small things. I was all over the place. Hit a few beautiful shots and plenty of .... not so beautiful shots! Great day out though and was good to get the rust moving

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've still only played once!

However I did spend last week volunteering at the PGA Championship here in Rochester. That was a great time!

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I was there on Thursday wandering around
What did you wind up doing ?
I worked Thursday so I was there as well. I got Tee Refreshments (was a hole Marshall for the Sr PGA in 2019). So I got assigned a group of holes and had to keep the player/caddy coolers stocked up.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'll keep updating you @WNYTony since you seem to be the only one around :D

Played twice last weekend. Shot a smooth 92 (43/49 oof) and then a 96 (47/49) two different courses. Not sure what happened the first round - things just got .... looser?

Second round was steadily not great. Birdied / par'd a few holes but lost six balls and just .... yeah.

Lesson #5 in the books. Nothing new out of it - just really trying to get reps to break bad movements. The good swings feel GOOD. Just have to have more than 2-3 a round.