What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Todays round. And # 12 was a 60 yd chip in. Second shot was OB, so in all reality, it was an 83. I flagged that shot as a penalty, but it didn’t do the drop three, hitting four deal. Hmm.
4403FA99-5F11-4C08-B50F-5F3A4C54A3E2.png

Last edited:

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Played seven rounds in five days ending Sunday AM (thankfully that was a scramble because I'm pretty sure I'd have shot 150 otherwise).

For the rounds that were scored straight up (both pre-event and during) I shot fairly regularly 85-90. Then we played a few other game types. It was as usual an exhausting, fantastic time. Maybe I can get @WNYTony to show up next year (anyone else is welcome as well if you want to travel out to the cornfields of Indiana).

Sounds like a great trip ! Might even be able to talk @Tyler86 into it

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My game is a straight mess right now. I just feel wrong standing over the ball, swings are ugly, etc.

I'm pretty sure most of it is that I'm standing too tall and leaning away from the ball. Gotta get working on it before the snow flies.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played again yesterday. shot an 89 that was 49/40 ... I kind felt like I was sorting myself out a bit on the back nine for sure.

This round and the one prior were both rainy days. Steady mist that would occasionally lead to something a bit heavier. Never a rain out but just always wet

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Out again this past weekend.

48/41. Again back nine much better than the front (which makes sense when you're not missing fairways and leaving < 100 yards in on most holes.) I need to figure out how to clean up the front. Probably something to do with not rolling up at my tee time and sprinting to the box.

Last edited:

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Out this past Saturday. 50 (the whole group shot like shit on the front for some reason - was a beautiful day) and then a 42. I always find it on the back. Going out tomorrow (skipping work for a day)

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just went away for a 4 day golf weekend. 79 the fist day and then went to shit after that. I think 88 the second and around 90 the other 2. Courses were wet and not mowed so it was a tough go.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played yesterday, booked online. Showed up and found out they were aerating the front 9 (wasn't on the site or booking system). it was about 50 degrees out and gorgeous. So we just played the back nine twice. Shot 46/45. Played ok, couldn't hit a green to save my life tho. At least my wedge game was strong, but it was bogies galore

Last edited:

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Where'd you go?
Just to Jamestown, about an hour away. Played courses we like down in Warren PA. One of our guys daughter just had his first grandkid so he didn't want to venture too far. But he did suggest a spring trip down south somewhere....

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played the last two sundays. both lazy rounds for me. not enough focus - end up with plenty of loose shots. Weather was amazing yesterday (in the 70s) so it was just a good day to be out! We're having less and less of those.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
was out the weekend of halloween. haven't been out since. this past weekend was beautiful but I cleaned my garage out instead. Ill be in Vegas this upcoming weekend and the weather going forward will probably keep me from getting any more rounds in :(

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Beautiful day for golf - wound up playing 27 holes. Shot 85 on the 18 that mattered. Hit the ball ok but an untimely triple and a double derailed what could have otherwise been a decent round. Looking like maybe that was the last round of the year.....