What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm not kidding - literally.

August 5th - 8th next year in Indiana (about an hour south of South Bend). I'll probably open sign ups in the next month. Plan for it!

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm not kidding - literally.

August 5th - 8th next year in Indiana (about an hour south of South Bend). I'll probably open sign ups in the next month. Plan for it!
Bad timing for me. Birthday is the 3rd (next year is my 50th, so I'm sure the wife will have something planned), anniversary is the 6th. I'd love to come up sometime though, and appreciate the invite. Trying to plan something with Tony sometime next year. We'll see how that pans out.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Bad timing for me. Birthday is the 3rd (next year is my 50th, so I'm sure the wife will have something planned), anniversary is the 6th. I'd love to come up sometime though, and appreciate the invite. Trying to plan something with Tony sometime next year. We'll see how that pans out.

Birthday AND Anniversary? Sounds like a perfect trip time. The hotel has pools (indoor / outdoor) AND a spa. Your wife can be pampered while you hang out with us for 18 hours a day!

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thought I was having a perfectly mediocre round, had a few birdies, a double, lots of bogies.
Kept a paper score on top of the GolfPad to double check, and wound up with this. Best round so far, but remember, this is one easy course.slope from the Whites is 112.

Next time could easily be 95.
Screenshot_20200820-140117_Brave.jpg

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
dont be taking credit away from yourself - you still have to make the shots!
The thing is, is that I had some shitty shots. Hole 10, dogleft left. Second was 175 to the middle of green. Accidentally grabbed a 4hy instead of the 5, and smoked it 228 yds. 20 yards past. 8 iron punch hit the fringe and ran 10yds off the front. 4th was a chip in. Great recovery, but two bad shots out of 4.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
yep and even with shots like that you still scored a 4 on that hole

good rounds usually require a bit of luck :)

my one good round from my trip - sitting on the tee at 18 with a 77. Just par'ing the hole (long par 5) would've been a personal best. I didn't even realize it was that good until I got to 18 and we were sitting there waiting.

of course I finished that hole with a quadruple bogey - but that was just poor game management - i didn't need to try to smoke one 300 yards so I could reach in two. I didn't need to hit 3w on my 3rd (after I got out of the trees my drive put me in), etc

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
yep and even with shots like that you still scored a 4 on that hole

good rounds usually require a bit of luck :)

my one good round from my trip - sitting on the tee at 18 with a 77. Just par'ing the hole (long par 5) would've been a personal best. I didn't even realize it was that good until I got to 18 and we were sitting there waiting.

of course I finished that hole with a quadruple bogey - but that was just poor game management - i didn't need to try to smoke one 300 yards so I could reach in two. I didn't need to hit 3w on my 3rd (after I got out of the trees my drive put me in), etc
My best golf is when I dont know the score. That's the beauty of this app on my watch, it shows front, middle, and back, shots so far, and a recommendation for the distance. (Looks at elevation and wind) mostly accurate for my game.
Biggest difference I've seen with my laser is 12 yds. on a par 3 today. Still not horrible for a game like mine. Most are +/- 5 yds, which in all honesty, is fine for a hacker

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I still double check distances to the pin ~ 70% of the time with the laser, but trying to hit the back distances more now due to coming up short a LOT on approaches

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played 27 today. Not my best. Dog tired from the OT I've been working. Still, not much of an excuse. As you can see, been pulling my driver a bunch. Helps when most OB holes are to the left
Screenshot_20200821-154441_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20200821-154509_Brave.jpg

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
At least you score consistently on the back 9 :D
Yeah. No lucky chip ins for me today. Counted 10 strokes easily that were horrendous. (Per 9) Lots of room for improvement. Doesnt mean I'll be taking lessons anytime soon though. Lol
Hell, one chip on 18 from 30 yds went 5 feet. Dig a three inch divot behind the ball.

Like I've said before, I'm a sub-par golfer with flashes of mediocrity. Lol

Last edited: