What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Wookie

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bag
Taylormade m3 10.5 project x evenflow blue shaft stiff
Taylormade 2017 m1 3 wood hl 17 atmos tour spec blue stiff. I play aftermarket shafts in all my clubs and I actually hit the atmos better then the evenflow better in 3w but hit evenflow better in driver and 4 hybrid.
Taylormade 2017 m1 4 hybrid project c evenflow blue stuff
Taylormade p790 5-pw nippon modus 105 stiff shafts
bob vokey sm7 custom raw wedge works wedges 52-56-60
Scotty Cameron select fastback 2018 with p2 putter grip. All my other clubs have golf pride mmc plus 4.
Ball prov1x or avx
How do you like the 105 shafts in the 790s? And how do you like the 790 head? Did you consider a 120 or 125 shaft before you went with the 105s?

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do you like the 105 shafts in the 790s? And how do you like the 790 head? Did you consider a 120 or 125 shaft before you went with the 105s?
I love these shafts they are so good and perfect weight combo. All my fitting is done at club champion and I hit a few 120s but swing speed went down a little. The 790 head is a little heavy so it evened out. I also have all my shafts pured and it makes a huge difference. I had a set taylormade rsi2 before them and the 790s blow them out of the water. Best irons Taylormade in a long time.... I’m 6’2 165 lbs skinny ass so maybe if your a big guy the 120s might work for you better. I swing fast though 106 driver avg which is kinda slow for college golf.

MikeZ37

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’ve been hitting Bridgestone e6 lately and noticed some better distances and straighter shots with my longer clubs. I tried the new chromesofts and absolutely hated them If you didn’t hit them completely flush they would spin like crazy

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Incorrect. You get three red dots on the back of the putter good for at least 5 less putts per round.
Seriously though, the putter I have is beautiful. Does it make me putt better? Not really. I putted pretty well with my Odyssey two ball, but wanted something a little more attractive. To each his own.
I bought mine used on Ebay though. New prices are stupid expensive. I dont think I'll ever feel the need to upgrade it

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Incorrect. You get three red dots on the back of the putter good for at least 5 less putts per round.
Seriously though, the putter I have is beautiful. Does it make me putt better? Not really. I putted pretty well with my Odyssey two ball, but wanted something a little more attractive. To each his own.
I bought mine used on Ebay though. New prices are stupid expensive. I dont think I'll ever feel the need to upgrade it

Oh yeah - Don't get me wrong - they're beautiful putters - its just the price! My Tuolon was acquired before Callaway bought them - but the price was slightly better than Scotty's at the time (slightly - which is how I justifed it!)

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I’ve been hitting Bridgestone e6 lately and noticed some better distances and straighter shots with my longer clubs. I tried the new chromesofts and absolutely hated them If you didn’t hit them completely flush they would spin like crazy
The Wilson Staff Duo Spin is, IMO, another great alternative. (No, I'm not getting kickbacks from Wilson Staff. Just feel they're under rated, and a good value, both balls and clubs)
$25/dz at wallyworld.
I can shank these OB just as good as ProV1's, at half the cost. Lol

Last edited:

Wookie

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these shafts they are so good and perfect weight combo. All my fitting is done at club champion and I hit a few 120s but swing speed went down a little. The 790 head is a little heavy so it evened out. I also have all my shafts pured and it makes a huge difference. I had a set taylormade rsi2 before them and the 790s blow them out of the water. Best irons Taylormade in a long time.... I’m 6’2 165 lbs skinny ass so maybe if your a big guy the 120s might work for you better. I swing fast though 106 driver avg which is kinda slow for college golf.
im 5'11 170 and i have the KBS Tour 120 shaft now in some Cobra's that work well....but getting close to pulling trigger on new set. Looks like you dropped the 4 iron for a hybrid as well? Are you liking that decision? (I know it would be smart for me to do that)

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
im 5'11 170 and i have the KBS Tour 120 shaft now in some Cobra's that work well....but getting close to pulling trigger on new set. Looks like you dropped the 4 iron for a hybrid as well? Are you liking that decision? (I know it would be smart for me to do that)
Yes If you can play these are the irons, when I got fitted it was the 790s or the mizuno mp18 mmc at first I hit the Mp18 the best but being a Taylormade guy I tried them again and it was close but I decided on the 790s.

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly what got me to hit irons so good was playing irons with smaller heads my teacher always pushed that because if you always play big heads and super game improvement irons you will hit it all over the head. So I learned real fast to strike very solid playing them. I also have a little tool I range it’s calked the perfect strike which is a tiny tiny 7 iron head super hard to hit.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Honestly what got me to hit irons so good was playing irons with smaller heads my teacher always pushed that because if you always play big heads and super game improvement irons you will hit it all over the head. So I learned real fast to strike very solid playing them. I also have a little tool I range it’s calked the perfect strike which is a tiny tiny 7 iron head super hard to hit.
Ill play the Pings another year or two, then look at something else. They aren't SGI, just GI irons. Same size as the Titleist AP2, etc..
Really like the Titleist AP line.

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ill play the Pings another year or two, then look at something else. They aren't SGI, just GI irons. Same size as the Titleist AP2, etc..
Really like the Titleist AP line.
I’ve hit ap2s and liked them but never had the best numbers with them. I really like the forged cbs one of the best feeling irons. Titleist is coming out with a new line soon which is believed to replace the ap like entirely.

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, @The camaro show., is a 3 hybrid equivalent to a 5 wood generally?
@Redneck_toy technically speaking loft wise yes most 5 woods are 17 degrees and most 3 hybrids are 18-19 degrees. Now you’ll hit a 5 wood farther because of it having a longer shaft and having more of a driver swing compared to a shorter iron like swing of the hybrid. You’ll also hit the 5 wood farther due to the larger head, but in today’s technology world of golf head size isn’t as big as it was in the early 2000s with all the speed technology and weights and lower spin. A good example is driver a 460cc head vs 440cc I can hit both and put them 5-8 yards apart (avg) that extra 20cc isn’t doing much other then forgiveness on mishits.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Redneck_toy technically speaking loft wise yes most 5 woods are 17 degrees and most 3 hybrids are 18-19 degrees. Now you’ll hit a 5 wood farther because of it having a longer shaft and having more of a driver swing compared to a shorter iron like swing of the hybrid. You’ll also hit the 5 wood farther due to the larger head, but in today’s technology world of golf head size isn’t as big as it was in the early 2000s with all the speed technology and weights and lower spin. A good example is driver a 460cc head vs 440cc I can hit both and put them 5-8 yards apart (avg) that extra 20cc isn’t doing much other then forgiveness on mishits.
Trying to decide which way to go. Intuition says the hybrid is more versatile...

Eo80

Corona Gorda
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to piss some of you off, i am sitting in Pacific Grove, CA right now, about 10 mins from Pebble Beach and the Open. And i will not even go near that course. This place is a fuckin madhouse.