What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Outdoor cooking, post your grilling, smoker, etc. pics

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thought I'd try and smoke some beef cheeks for barbacoa. Went to the store and bought 4# of beef cheeks, and all the trimmings for tacos. Meat ended up being pre- shredded. FML. How in the hell you smoke an already shredded meat??
Went straight to the pan on a bed of onions and Bay leaves. Gonna smoke for two hours, then add vegetable broth and cover. Hope it turns out.
Went to the Mexican grocery store to get the right shit, and this is all they had.
15647881997362111512727569800237.jpg

All the videos on YouTube show a red meat, almost like steak.

Last edited:

MikeZ37

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thought I'd try and smoke some beef cheeks for barbacoa. Went to the store and bought 4# of beef cheeks, and all the trimmings for tacos. Meat ended up being pre- shredded. FML. How in the hell you smoke an already shredded meat??
Went straight to the pan on a bed of onions and Bay leaves. Gonna smoke for two hours, then add vegetable broth and cover. Hope it turns out.
Went to the Mexican grocery store to get the right shit, and this is all they had.
View attachment 5089

All the videos on YouTube show a red meat, almost like steak.
Man you should watch taco chronicles on Netflix. Your always cooking up some great looking food and they go deep into the history of all the different styles of tacos

Gary

Diadema
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Man you should watch taco chronicles on Netflix. Your always cooking up some great looking food and they go deep into the history of all the different styles of tacos
Now im binging taco chronicles on netflix. Thanks. Lol

TexaSmoke

Corona
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Smoked pork belly anyone?
21f6bab687413175edc36291140a69d2.jpg
5eecf5d7269f20dc6a33e15c23100a6c.jpg

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Gary

Diadema
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Ive been contemplating on a Green Mountain pellet smoker when my oklahoma joe finally decides to fall apart. Ive looked at traegers and they just feel cheap af. Loading wood and doing it the hard way takes too much effort and time, its very rewarding sometimes when it all comes out perfect but when you have to baby it all freakin day it gets old.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Look at the new Pit Boss
Ive been contemplating on a Green Mountain pellet smoker when my oklahoma joe finally decides to fall apart. Ive looked at traegers and they just feel cheap af. Loading wood and doing it the hard way takes too much effort and time, its very rewarding sometimes when it all comes out perfect but when you have to baby it all freakin day it gets old.
Look at the new Pit Boss smokers at walmart. They improved their auger and motor system, and have a 5 year warranty. Half the cost of a traeger or Rec-tec. I've been pretty happy with mine.
There is the whole debate of American vs. Chinese built though....
EDIT: mine was a fathers day present. I'd have probably gone with a Rec- Tec if it was up to me.
Still, it's a pretty solid grill so far

Last edited: