What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Bottle Completionist Club

Wookie

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to see this one go
7b4c05c6392ac1db56df2387da12ef5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoBISON

Robusto
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Decent stuff worth buying at least once. After finishing this bottle, I don't think I will hunt for it though. Just if I come across it, I'd buy again. I know, some people rave about it. It's not bad at all...just have had so many others that I enjoy more.
View attachment 2092
I'm with ya doug, don't see why blantons is any better than buff trace or eagle rare tbh, and blantons cost nearly double
I can see both these points. I like Blantons. It's a good bourbon. But at some point, there are diminishing returns for the higher cost bottles. When you have ER, HMcK, KC SiB store picks, a bunch of good value options available, its hard to drop big $. That said, I'll drop $65 on stuff I know is good, so Blanton's is still in my cabinet routinely. Above that cost, I'd better have either first hand experience, or 2nd hand from someone whose palate I trust.
Eagle Rare is probably my favorite right now out of the 3 mentioned - BT / ER / Blantons. I'm still pretty newbish to bourbons and I didn't stay at a Holiday INN Express last night! :unsure::ROFLMAO:. I will need to setup a comparison again and report back.

gurgalunas

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Eagle Rare is probably my favorite right now out of the 3 mentioned - BT / ER / Blantons. I'm still pretty newbish to bourbons and I didn't stay at a Holiday INN Express last night! :unsure::ROFLMAO:. I will need to setup a comparison again and report back.
We live less than 15 minutes apart... Let's find time to get together to sip some bourbon. Other than the DRP, not sure our palates will be quite right then...

kit_luce

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@gurgalunas you comfortable shipping new bottles? Whenever I am looking to buy again (might be a while) I'm going to need a plug, we have a zero to negative selection of anything small batch in my area. All I ever see is commercial stuff that can be had at Walmart or meijer etc...

gurgalunas

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
@gurgalunas you comfortable shipping new bottles? Whenever I am looking to buy again (might be a while) I'm going to need a plug, we have a zero to negative selection of anything small batch in my area. All I ever see is commercial stuff that can be had at Walmart or meijer etc...
I've sent a few... lmk what you are looking for and I'll try to help out. Next school year, my son will be 21, and could mule to West Lafayette.

Unpossible_1

Creepy CIA Op
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
All I'm reading here is Lafayette needs a carpet bourbon bombing.