What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Screenshot_20190609-145553_Chrome.jpg

Never watched this until today, but realized ive already seen the story in that Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis is a direct ripoff, set in the 20's.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

Petite Lancero
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
View attachment 4090

Never watched this until today, but realized ive already seen the story in that Last Man Standing with Bruce Willis is a direct ripoff, set in the 20's.
Last Man Standing was not a "ripoff" of anything, it was a remake (updated for the time it took place) of Kurosawa's Yojimbo, a samurai film. Fistful of Dollars was also a remake of that film as Sergio Leone was a Kurosawa fan.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Watched Spirited Away again last night, I'm not big into Japanese animation films but the Studio Ghibli stuff is great.

Also finished 12 Strong, great story but the writing was meh.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, loved it (besides the one pretty horrible scene). I was sad to see the next film "The Girl in the Spiders Web" was a different actress, Rooney Mara did a great job at such a strange role.

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Three good ones this weekend

41tkjQ3SDQL._SY445_.jpg

v1.bTsxMjIwMDYzNztqOzE4MTQxOzEyMDA7NDg0MDs3MTI4

Once-Upon-Time-Hollywood-Movie-Posters.jpg

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I saw Once Upon A Time In Hollywood this weekend too. Not QT's best but it had a great ending.

I loved it! There is a Lot going on in this film....I agree it is not your normal QT movie, and that's gonna turn some people off, but I believe this is his homage to Hollywood and his love of films in general.

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
New Hand Rolled movie is out, MUST WATCH documentary