What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Today’s Workout

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seems there has been no action here, so I figured why not kick it off!
I train 6-7 days a week, so I won’t bore everyone with daily posts.
However, feel free to post as many of your workouts as you want.
Today’s session
Warm up
5 mins stretching

The work
A1. KB seesaw press x 8
A2. Neutral grip chinup, weighted x 4
x 5 rounds

B1. KB thruster x 10
B2. Bodyweight overhand pullup x 9
B3. Bar dips x 20
x 5 rounds

Last edited:

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please, God....give me strength not to troll
I heard this forum is good for that.
All good if you do!
But hey, if you use strength to not troll, that counts as a workout!
I've been rucking lately. Load the GR1 up with 35#, and jumping on the treadmill for a couple miles. Gotta start somewhere, right??
Haven't rucked in over a week....
Thanks for shaming. Now I gotta work out when I get home this afternoon....

EDIT: After I herf with @ZippoGeek that is....
Nice work! I did a few rucks this summer, one with the weight you use.
That is no joke!
And tell Zippo I say hi!

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sexual connotations, and happy ending jokes aside, this is the best $35 I've ever spent! Work leaves me stiff and sore all the time(or maybe age), but this thing seems to loosen everything up!
3cd5a0ac953f90966303cf1d5a199999.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
WTH, this thread adds another layer of accountability! Hitting the shoulders today, followed up by 10-15 minutes on the elliptical.

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You'd think dipping this far into the cigar budget would be enough motivation! Picked u he elliptical 2nd hand, and after 6 months of.... Moderate? Use, it only functions on the lowest resistance setting, so, that'll be the next big purchase
eaea6bdec8b44446341daeb72c258091.jpg

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You'd think dipping this far into the cigar budget would be enough motivation! Picked u he elliptical 2nd hand, and after 6 months of.... Moderate? Use, it only functions on the lowest resistance setting, so, that'll be the next big purchase
eaea6bdec8b44446341daeb72c258091.jpg

Nice home gym! Great wall decor as well!
Right now I’m using kettlebells, a steel mace, a rope for pullups/pulling stuff, and an 80 lb heavy bag.
I also hung a pullup bar from the rafters in my basement and use sawhorses for dips.
I’ve gotten pretty creative over the last year of covid, but am looking forward to buying some free weights in the near future.

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@Mr_Draned it used to be my smoking lounge portion of the garage, then I decided I wanted a gym, so the car is out in the cold, the lounge moved off to the right about 10 feet, and the workspace that used to occupy the current lounge moved to the center of the back area of the garage!

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Mr_Draned it used to be my smoking lounge portion of the garage, then I decided I wanted a gym, so the car is out in the cold, the lounge moved off to the right about 10 feet, and the workspace that used to occupy the current lounge moved to the center of the back area of the garage!

You have everything you need in that garage!

MikeNice81

Rothschild
My current program as described in an email I sent to a friend.

Here is the plan I am working on. It would be run as two repeating cycles the first time and followed by a deload in the seventh week, or switch to something with an easier first week. Alternatively you could retest your TM in week seven and use week eight to deload.

A + beside the rep count means the number is a minimum and you should do AMRAP with one or two left in the tank.

The first time through keep the training max at 85% of your best training lift. Add five pounds or ten pounds to your training max after the first cycle. If you run it a second time through after use 90% for your training max if you honestly think you can handle it.

The second movement percentages are based on your training max and not a true 1rm.

Week 1

Day 1
Squat 3x70%, 3x80%, 3+x90%(rep PR)
Spotto Press 5x5 @ 80% (three count pause)
Lunges 24-40 total reps
Pull-ups 24-40 total
Tricep Extension 24-40 total

Day 2
Dead Lift 3*70%, 3x80%, 3+x90%(rep PR)
Hex Bar Dead Lift 5x5 80%
Tbar Row 24-40 total
OHP or Push Press 24-40
Hamstrings 32-48 total

Day 3
Bench 3x70%, 3x80%, 3+x90%(rep PR)
Box Squat or pause squat 5x5 @ 80%
Straight Arm Lat Pulldown or cable pull over 24-40 (simulate unracking the barbell)
Hack or Leg Press 24-40 total
Abdominal Strengthening

Week 2
First movement 65%x5, 75%x5, 85%x5+, 75%x5, 65%x5+

Second movement 5x3@85%

Week 3
Main movement 75%x5, 85%x3, 95%x1+
Do three additional singles. Work up to 100+% if you feel like it will not negatively effect the rest of your workout.

Second Movement 5x5 @ 80%

I feel like the accessory work needs more tweaking. The main movement and second movement I like because it gets you more than one day working on squat and bench. Plus the second movement works as a supplemental to work on a different aspect of bench or squat without needing an extra day for isometric or dynamic work. It isn't ideal because the nervous system may be working on different types of activation in the same session. However, contrast training is shown to work and may aid in hypertrophy and/or breaking plateaus. Since this is meant to be run for six weeks, I think worrying too much about ideal CNS activation type may be unnecessary. This seems to be more of a peaking or break through workout.

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's Monday!

Warm Up
Stretching

The Work
A1. KB seesaw press x 10
A2. KB goblet squat x 10
A3. Rope or neutral grip chinups x 10 (I alternated 5 rope chinups and then 5 neutral grip chinups)
x 10 rounds

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s Wednesday, get some!
Warm up
5 mins stretching

The Work
80 lb heavy bag
3:00 min rounds
:30 sec rest
8 rounds
Each round focused on a different area of skill work; all jabs, jab into 2 more punch combos, lead off the power hand into combos, all lead hand hooks, uppercuts, etc, up close and personal situations, footwork focused combos, and conclude with endurance punching.