What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

St. pattys 2019

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
What do you plan on drinking/purchasing...

Thinking

irish_red1.jpg

Murphys-Irish-Stout-1-1024x757.jpg

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
Pita chips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I picked up both let’s compare....

f45318361e3d7f5db9bd7b98aeae0dd9.jpg

Murphy’s: jet back with a creamy head, 4 pack pints $4.99. Scents of dark roasted malt, sweet chocolate, and cream. On the mouthful flavors of those dark roasted malts and dry bold chocolate dominate this heavy and thick mouthfeel.

007419e1d55ddfcc49964a355f4f61f2.jpg

Guinness: $14.99 for 8 pack pints, jet black creamy head. The nose detects sweetness with an ale like aroma, no chocolate or roasted flavors... is this really a stout? Mouthful is thin. Flavors of sweetness like an English pale ale, alcohol, and a slight hint of baking spices on then backend.

92c2d72a177497452295cb00538c080e.jpg

Verdict.... MURPHYS.... wtf has Guinness done with their beer??? Used to be much thicker and tasty.

Sweemzander

Meadmaker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Murphy’s: jet back with a creamy head, 4 pack pints $4.99. Scents of dark roasted malt, sweet chocolate, and cream. On the mouthful flavors of those dark roasted malts and dry bold chocolate dominate this heavy and thick mouthfeel.

Guinness: $14.99 for 8 pack pints, jet black creamy head. The nose detects sweetness with an ale like aroma, no chocolate or roasted flavors... is this really a stout? Mouthful is thin. Flavors of sweetness like an English pale ale, alcohol, and a slight hint of baking spices on then backend.

Verdict.... MURPHYS.... wtf has Guinness done with their beer??? Used to be much thicker and tasty.

Told ya

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Man, hell of an answer. Thanks for the review John (y)

Squaresoft

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
just for the record, guinness has tasted the same since I was able to drink. it's the first beer I really liked and though i realize it basically has no flavor aside from a bit of a coppery bitterness. I'll take a picture of my preparations when i get back home later. I'll pick up some irish stout later...but im really leaning towards breckenridge brewing irish stout. it's considerably better than both guinness and murphys

Sweemzander

Meadmaker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
just for the record, guinness has tasted the same since I was able to drink. it's the first beer I really liked and though i realize it basically has no flavor aside from a bit of a coppery bitterness. I'll take a picture of my preparations when i get back home later. I'll pick up some irish stout later...but im really leaning towards breckenridge brewing irish stout. it's considerably better than both guinness and murphys
Guinness for me has always tasted better on tap - theres more richness to it - usually stay away from cans/bottles

Squaresoft

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Guinness for me has always tasted better on tap - theres more richness to it - usually stay away from cans/bottles
absolutely true, but whether on tap or in can the body/flavor of guinness has never changed as far as i know. I've been told it's way different in ireland, but american guinness no.

Sweemzander

Meadmaker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
absolutely true, but whether on tap or in can the body/flavor of guinness has never changed as far as i know. I've been told it's way different in ireland, but american guinness no.
By the time it gets here and sits on shelves - its generally had way too long to sit - especially if its not refridgerated