What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I can't help but feel there was some maliciousness in this whole ordeal. I've spent $1000 on cart rentals and beer from May till August. I feel like they intentionally screwed me over to keep me renting carts while getting more money from the guy they gave the barn to initially. The pro asked me yesterday sarcastically If I'd really go to Amarillo ( 70 miles) to play golf.
I replied Absolutely, if I get screwed over on the cart barn that ive been waiting on for 4 years. Today he Snidley said that my cart barn was ready to move into. I told him we are picking up the cart on Monday.
All of it feels kinda funky.
Whatever. I've got my cart barn and I'll be damned if I spend another dime in the pro shop.
I'm afraid they will put me on straight daylights before long to be the trainer in some unit consolidations, and if they do, an Amarillo membership would be out of the question. Instead of 15 days off a month, I'll go to 8 hr days like normal peeps. That is why I'm willing to put up with this bullshit

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I made my way back to club champion today for the full bag refit, had a different fitter but still was good. My main goals were to gain some distance with the driver and lower spin as well as eliminating my flyers I get with my p790 irons.
I have been a Taylormade fan for the long game and irons since I was big enough to play adult clubs, my grandfather was a Taylormade fan and always told me growing up Taylormade Is the best which now I have my own opinions on them. I’ve been a Vokey and Scotty fan as well. So at my fitting we decided my M3 with a Evenflow Blue Stiff couldn’t hold its weight against the Titleist TSI series I hit TSI2,TSI3 and TSI4. The 2 is good for a avg player but lacks some tech, the 3 is good for the better player who strikes the center more and has the most tech, the 4 is good as well for keeping spin really low but was pretty unforgiving with the slightest mis hit. I went with the TSI3 with the Ventus blue velocore xtra stiff shaft.

3 wood we actually couldn’t find anything to beat my 2017 m1 with a Atmos blue tour spec stiff shaft, really was ready to change it up as it was one of my oldest clubs in the bag but I can’t complain I hit it well.

After hitting more of my teammates driving irons I decided it was time to get rid of the 2017 m1 hybrid with the evenflow blue for Titleist 505 3* driving iron, I went back and forth deciding on a graphite shaft or steel, I had it narrowed down to the Ventus blue or projectx lz 6.0 and distance wise was exactly the same but had more control with the steel.

irons: I hit the new 2021 p790, p770 and p7mc from Taylormade. The new 790 are good but feel was muted and I still hit them far as shit and flyers so no improvement, the 770s I kinda liked, better feel and better shape but still far, I was in love with the feel of the p7mc and struck them well but spun a bit too much even after playing with shafts. I also tried a sirxon players iron and a few mizinos which actually this time I hit the miznos the worst of the bunch which when I got my 790s I hit them almost as good abs actually went back a second time to hit both and that’s when the 790s won. I hit the apex pros the straightest but overall I wasn’t the biggest fan of them. That leaving Titleist and I ended up with the T100S, it checked all the boxes, very workable, buttery feel and sounds good as well as still long enough for me. I lost literally 1 yard on avg from the 790s but increased workability and tightened dispersion greatlyI went back between Dynamic gold 120 and Project X LZ, for me I liked the feel of the project X better so I went with the Project x LZ 6.0

Wedges I’m still waiting on my SM8s

putter still playing the Scotty 2018 fastback and no plans to change it.4FE39984-2F0F-4D0A-B117-DE53CA7004EF.jpeg

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So the course manager texted me Tuesday to tell me they did in fact make a mistake. They gave me a cart barn. I went to Amarillo and found a 2017 club car precident. New batteries and seat, pristine condition for $6300. We pick the cart up Monday. Sorry, no pics. I'll snap some when we pick it up
Good deal that they fessed up and gave it to you but damn those electric carts are pricey !

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So the course manager texted me Tuesday to tell me they did in fact make a mistake. They gave me a cart barn. I went to Amarillo and found a 2017 club car precident. New batteries and seat, pristine condition for $6300. We pick the cart up Monday. Sorry, no pics. I'll snap some when we pick it up
#firstworldproblems

glad it worked out! I look forward to the next edition of "why this course sucks" though

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
#firstworldproblems

glad it worked out! I look forward to the next edition of "why this course sucks" though
It's like most places. There's a clique, and I'm definitely not in it. The course itself is the nicest muni course around by far. Not a lot of choices for us around here.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It's like most places. There's a clique, and I'm definitely not in it. The course itself is the nicest muni course around by far. Not a lot of choices for us around here.
thats a problem I'm thankful we dont have.

there are 60-70 courses in about a 50 mile radius here.

within 1/2hr its easily 30+

and we have access to a number of private courses at fairly reasonable rates (ie a few grand for initiation and then a few hundred bucks a month) and the courses are great

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
@Redneck_toy this doesnt even show half of them. Just a quick google search…..
1a9b7c1a017ce0fc758e937026096021.png

I bet there are 100 or so with in 45 min

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played 9 as a sub in an old work league last night. Played the back 9 - hate it. It's tight and I don't do well with tight :D

I need room to miss two fairways over and be able to come back into a green. Here its forest or water!

Shot a 47 which overall was not bad. I can easily look back at four misread putts and a number of bad swings.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got out last Saturday in a tournament - best 2 of 4 ball - NET (league tournament that I subbed in). Shot a 90 that should've been far better. Lipped out three putts (leaving tapins) and my driver left me for a few holes at the turn :(

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I can't help but feel there was some maliciousness in this whole ordeal. I've spent $1000 on cart rentals and beer from May till August. I feel like they intentionally screwed me over to keep me renting carts while getting more money from the guy they gave the barn to initially. The pro asked me yesterday sarcastically If I'd really go to Amarillo ( 70 miles) to play golf.
I replied Absolutely, if I get screwed over on the cart barn that ive been waiting on for 4 years. Today he Snidley said that my cart barn was ready to move into. I told him we are picking up the cart on Monday.
All of it feels kinda funky.
Whatever. I've got my cart barn and I'll be damned if I spend another dime in the pro shop.
I'm afraid they will put me on straight daylights before long to be the trainer in some unit consolidations, and if they do, an Amarillo membership would be out of the question. Instead of 15 days off a month, I'll go to 8 hr days like normal peeps. That is why I'm willing to put up with this bullshit
OH NO - NO MORE 1/2 a month off!!! #firstworldproblems :D

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So I made my way back to club champion today for the full bag refit, had a different fitter but still was good. My main goals were to gain some distance with the driver and lower spin as well as eliminating my flyers I get with my p790 irons.
I have been a Taylormade fan for the long game and irons since I was big enough to play adult clubs, my grandfather was a Taylormade fan and always told me growing up Taylormade Is the best which now I have my own opinions on them. I’ve been a Vokey and Scotty fan as well. So at my fitting we decided my M3 with a Evenflow Blue Stiff couldn’t hold its weight against the Titleist TSI series I hit TSI2,TSI3 and TSI4. The 2 is good for a avg player but lacks some tech, the 3 is good for the better player who strikes the center more and has the most tech, the 4 is good as well for keeping spin really low but was pretty unforgiving with the slightest mis hit. I went with the TSI3 with the Ventus blue velocore xtra stiff shaft.

3 wood we actually couldn’t find anything to beat my 2017 m1 with a Atmos blue tour spec stiff shaft, really was ready to change it up as it was one of my oldest clubs in the bag but I can’t complain I hit it well.

After hitting more of my teammates driving irons I decided it was time to get rid of the 2017 m1 hybrid with the evenflow blue for Titleist 505 3* driving iron, I went back and forth deciding on a graphite shaft or steel, I had it narrowed down to the Ventus blue or projectx lz 6.0 and distance wise was exactly the same but had more control with the steel.

irons: I hit the new 2021 p790, p770 and p7mc from Taylormade. The new 790 are good but feel was muted and I still hit them far as shit and flyers so no improvement, the 770s I kinda liked, better feel and better shape but still far, I was in love with the feel of the p7mc and struck them well but spun a bit too much even after playing with shafts. I also tried a sirxon players iron and a few mizinos which actually this time I hit the miznos the worst of the bunch which when I got my 790s I hit them almost as good abs actually went back a second time to hit both and that’s when the 790s won. I hit the apex pros the straightest but overall I wasn’t the biggest fan of them. That leaving Titleist and I ended up with the T100S, it checked all the boxes, very workable, buttery feel and sounds good as well as still long enough for me. I lost literally 1 yard on avg from the 790s but increased workability and tightened dispersion greatlyI went back between Dynamic gold 120 and Project X LZ, for me I liked the feel of the project X better so I went with the Project x LZ 6.0

Wedges I’m still waiting on my SM8s

putter still playing the Scotty 2018 fastback and no plans to change it.View attachment 17386
So this is why I hate CC - they upcharged you for the Project X LZs which are stock shafts from Titleist and should've cost you zero dollars.

Also I'd be willing to bet there's a stock shaft from Titleist that you would hit JUST as well (ie exactly as well) that they didn't hand you and if they did they'd still charge you for it.

Otherwise this is a super cool haul.