What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Question for all the regular golfers.

I've been on the list for a cart barn for the past 4 years. I was #3 on the list as of 3 years ago. A year and a half ago, we got new management. I went over the cart barn list with him when he took over the management. Both people in front of me bowed out. Now two barns have opened up, and they gave them to the two underneath me that carry their carts to the course. I call the manager, and explain that ive been overlooked.
He says he doesn't have any record of me being on the list despite us going over it when he took control.
This is the same guy that I went over the list when he took control. ....
I told him today that he can either find me a barn now, or me and my buddy will pull our memberships and join a course in Amarillo that is $175 for people that live more than 60 miles away.( cart included)
This is cart included. They have two really good courses for this price. We spend at least $130 each in cart rentals now.
He asked if he could have some time to figure it out. I said sure, but if I don't end up with a cart barn, I'm out.
Am I wrong?
The way that have it now is two members can split a barn fee (100 per month)..
Even with me buying the cart it would be way cheaper for me and my buddy.
I feel like I've been fucked over on numerous occasions at this course from the Ryder cup two years ago to the cart barn bullshit.
He asked for a few days to figure things out. I said that's fine, but if you don't have me a barn, I'm out.....

Last edited:

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I play more rounds there than anyone else besides a retired guy that walks everyday. Maybe they are afraid of the income loss from us having our own cart....

I've always felt like an outsider on this course. And now with the golf pro setting up the course for tournaments, then playing from the golds, It feels like a shady money grab...

Last edited:

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
What is a "cart" in this case? A push cart for walking? Or a full on power cart for riding?

I think overall your issues with the course - this is just another example of how they suck and probably will continue to do so.

I'd probably be planning on leaving even if they got you what you're looking for. I'm guessing it won't be long before you run into some other issue.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
What is a "cart" in this case? A push cart for walking? Or a full on power cart for riding?

I think overall your issues with the course - this is just another example of how they suck and probably will continue to do so.

I'd probably be planning on leaving even if they got you what you're looking for. I'm guessing it won't be long before you run into some other issue.
Golf cart enclosure to keep your own cart in and charging....

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Golf cart enclosure to keep your own cart in and charging....
This isn't something we're familiar with up here. Even private courses - all we get are storage for our push carts. Electric carts are supplied by the club only - no option for storage. I can't think of a single local course public or private that has that kind of storage for members (not to mention you just don't see them being used otherwise by people generally).

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yall actually have storage for push carts? Now that is weird to me. If I'm walking, I'll carry my push cart to the course.
If Im a member at a club - I'll store my bag and cart both at the course. That's generally how it works out. Super convenient and if I think Im playing elsewhere I just take them with me whenever. And if I let them know Im showing up shortly my bag will be waiting out on my cart when I get there.

usually costs about 100-150/year to store the combo.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Tim is right - most courses up here won't let people bring their own carts to the course and the ones with strong membership will usually do storage of bag and pull/push carts for members.
I'm lucky in that our course has some storage available and lets a few members (me included) have their own carts and a place to store them. There's only 5-6 of us and it's all gas carts so it's just storage in an old barn they would otherwise not use. We pay a trail fee for use of our cart on the course and a nominal fee for storage and that makes up some for their loss of revenue. But it's win-win because it saves them from having to rent extra carts for large tournaments as they have 5-6 extra.
Sounds like you aren't happy with them all the way around but you'd stay if you could have your own cart. You're giving them some time to try and rectify it so that's fair. Let me ask this..... they say no and you leave. 2 years from now they open one up - will you go back ?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
No I will not. Not entirely happy with the new management. Between the shady Tournament practices and this debacle, I'm pretty much done. Had my wife pull up my charges at the golf course for the past 4 months. It comes to right at $1000. Every time we play it's at least $23. That's $13 for half a cart and 4 beers. I average between 10 and 15 rounds a month. Dues are $75 per month with $20 of that being unlimited range balls

EDIT: Looks like they'll lose 4 memberships over this. I play 95% of my rounds with a guy from work that lives a block from me. There is 2 other guys that work with us and have memberships to play with us. They play with us about 50% of the time. After talking to the other two guys tonight, they said they'll pull their memberships as well since we won't be playing out there.

Last edited:

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
@Redneck_toy so your talking about a real riding cart?

Hahahah. Just kidding. Yeah that doesnt exist here. You rent a cart from course or walk. A lot of courses arent even letting people that live on course use their personal cart anymore. They claim liability issues, but i think its all about revenue. Some courses members get free rental but “barns dont exist”.

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This isn't something we're familiar with up here. Even private courses - all we get are storage for our push carts. Electric carts are supplied by the club only - no option for storage. I can't think of a single local course public or private that has that kind of storage for members (not to mention you just don't see them being used otherwise by people generally).
Same here, never heard of a thing. Around here if you want a golf cart you pay the cart rental fee which on my school home course is out the ass $30 for 18 holes. Some courses locally also will let you rent a push cart for $3-$5. At my country club if it’s later in the day they normally just let me take one and if it’s early depending on who’s working they normally only charge for $5 which is the 9 hole cart fee I’ve never paid the $10 18 hole fee.

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wish me luck, got a qualifier today at the Crispin course for our next tournament. Not feeling the most confident as I’ve been playing bad lately but I just started a stack and tilt swing this week so we’ll see how it goes.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
No I will not. Not entirely happy with the new management. Between the shady Tournament practices and this debacle, I'm pretty much done. Had my wife pull up my charges at the golf course for the past 4 months. It comes to right at $1000. Every time we play it's at least $23. That's $13 for half a cart and 4 beers. I average between 10 and 15 rounds a month. Dues are $75 per month with $20 of that being unlimited range balls

EDIT: Looks like they'll lose 4 memberships over this. I play 95% of my rounds with a guy from work that lives a block from me. There is 2 other guys that work with us and have memberships to play with us. They play with us about 50% of the time. After talking to the other two guys tonight, they said they'll pull their memberships as well since we won't be playing out there.
Well then there's your answer. Was going to suggest since he let out the space that he sells you a season cart pass at a favorable rate so it's win-win but sounds like you're unhappy with too much else there.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Shot an 85 yesterday. Nothing outstanding about it. My driver had a nice heavy snap hook going- good thing the two times I pulled it out were on holes where a miss left wasn't a problem (bogey'd both holes from an adjacent fairway).

I'm still in love with the sub70 4h that I'm demo'ing. If I don't put a stupid swing on it that thing hits lasers for me (and I've put very few stupid swings on it surprisingly!). I'm sending it back today though. As mentioned Ill pick up a 3h and 4h in the spring I think.