What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I think I previously mentioned winning 300 bucks towards pro shop credit at a member/guest I attended. Next time I was there (for another member/guest) I ordered a pair of replacement wedges (52/58 - Vokey SM8). They showed up today.

AUWQhp7.jpg
2JCUYV3.jpg

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
New driver is working pretty well
( after some minor swing adjustments.) It is sure easier to hit straighter than the Ping. Still in the learning curve with it. Played 27 yesterday and had 5 or so really good drives there at the end. The flatter my takeaway gets, the better the results.
Playing it @ 9.5* and standard lie with the heavy weight in the heel.
Kinda wish I'd went with the 9* version. At 10.5* the shots are sky high.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
New driver is working pretty well
( after some minor swing adjustments.) It is sure easier to hit straighter than the Ping. Still in the learning curve with it. Played 27 yesterday and had 5 or so really good drives there at the end. The flatter my takeaway gets, the better the results.
Playing it @ 9.5* and standard lie with the heavy weight in the heel.
Kinda wish I'd went with the 9* version. At 10.5* the shots are sky high.

Have you sprayed the face with foot powder spray to see where your striking? Could be high in the face

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
No, but I wipe the face clean after every hole so it's pretty easy to see there I'm hitting. Playing the ball back about 2 inches from where I used to play it and teeing pretty low now.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Welp - hit it like shit yesterday but won my 1st round Club Championship match. Probably would have shot 87-88 ish and didn't really deserve to win but he hit one OB on 17 and I was already 1 up.
Today shot a nice 2 over 38 on the front and then an ugly 8 over 43 on the back for an 81.
I think I may be the poster boy for inconsistency...

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
@WNYTony if it makes you feel better….. i played a new to me links style course yesterday. My driver turned into a very uncharacteristic snap hook over night. Never been that miss for me. Got super crabby about it and started pushing my irons. Finished out with an appalling 97.

Playing Troy Burne today. i stay under 100

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
@WNYTony if it makes you feel better….. i played a new to me links style course yesterday. My driver turned into a very uncharacteristic snap hook over night. Never been that miss for me. Got super crabby about it and started pushing my irons. Finished out with an appalling 97.

Playing Troy Burne today. i stay under 100
Not really, I wouldn't wish a duck hook on anyone ! Hope it clears up for you today. Sounds like a tough course if you're worried about staying under 100

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Wow, nice looking course. 120 bunkers ? Really ? Looks like they were trying to get the number up, many aren't really needed and not really in play. Hate that when you hit a really bad shot way right or left and end up in a bunker. The designer is just kicking you in the nuts. Looks like you're going to wash a few balls if you still have that hook. Most of the water and waste areas are on the left

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Wow, nice looking course. 120 bunkers ? Really ? Looks like they were trying to get the number up, many aren't really needed and not really in play. Hate that when you hit a really bad shot way right or left and end up in a bunker. The designer is just kicking you in the nuts. Looks like you're going to wash a few balls if you still have that hook. Most of the water and waste areas are on the left

Lol. You see it too. Im just going to bring a pile of balls and cigars and enjoy the day. Never played there so gonna try and not worry about score or anything and just enjoy one of our last shorts days.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Lol. You see it too. Im just going to bring a pile of balls and cigars and enjoy the day. Never played there so gonna try and not worry about score or anything and just enjoy one of our last shorts days.
Good attitude to have. Some really pretty holes there, would love to play it someday. You can't really throttle down and play a hybrid or something safer off the tee because you're going to need the distance on alot of those holes. Borrow a walker and ask about the senior tees when you roll in !!!

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Good attitude to have. Some really pretty holes there, would love to play it someday. You can't really throttle down and play a hybrid or something safer off the tee because you're going to need the distance on alot of those holes. Borrow a walker and ask about the senior tees when you roll in !!!

Not gonna lie. I was looking at playing seniors.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
6c8525f7f8f87e73c68fe33951d31b70.jpg

370749a8757edca32874358120b742de.jpg

Played better than i expected. Ended up +9 front and +24 on the day . With 2-3 drops and 1-2 stroke and distance. Massacred a few holes. The fairways all funnel to hazards and 6” fescue but it doesnt look like it from the tees. Lotta learning curves if youve never played it before. Great weather though. Got peer pressured into playing off the tournament tees, which were the tips today for POP. Played at 6600

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
6c8525f7f8f87e73c68fe33951d31b70.jpg

370749a8757edca32874358120b742de.jpg

Played better than i expected. Ended up +9 front and +24 on the day . With 2-3 drops and 1-2 stroke and distance. Massacred a few holes. The fairways all funnel to hazards and 6” fescue but it doesnt look like it from the tees. Lotta learning curves if youve never played it before. Great weather though. Got peer pressured into playing off the tournament tees, which were the tips today for POP. Played at 6600
Looks lush and plush. Nicely done - you must have gotten rid of the nasty hook ! And played from the tips, you're a player now