What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Pipe leather rests

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
Anyone interested in going in a bulk buy of these? Normally $15ea but I got him down to $11 ea plus shipping to you from me since I need an assload to display my pipes on my shelving.

@Bostoneo 70
@Sweemzander 1, $11 shipped (combine shipments) NICKEL
@ak2000 2, $26 shipped PAID 9400109699937221676066
@Gary 3 PAID NICKEL 9400109699939632706332
@Prine 2, $26 shipped PAID (combine with aerials) 1 nickel 1 brass 9400109699939633672940

From Frank @ sorringowl
Right now, I have a very nice, thick (about 8 oz), dark brown, latigo leather (very nice stuff that will last forever--this is used to make horse saddles), and you would have your choice of hardware, either nickel or antique brass (or I can mix them up).

All of my items are completely handmade, by me (no die cutting/punch pressing, etc.) and on these I hand bevel the inside edge so your smooth pipes don't rest on a rough edge (running the risk of scratching a nice pipe). A lot of makers skip that step, because it takes longer, but, I'm a pipe collector, too, so, I do the same work for my customers as I do for me (actually, better, hehe).
Also, just so you know, I use my pipe rests in the same way, foregoing a wooden pipe rack. : ) Makes a nice display.
Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks again.
Frank @
Sorringowlandsons.com

cefb73e4719a08eb4fb5d9fea2971928.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
I have put in the order. Will be $11ea plus ship. Frank said this large order will probably take 2-3 weeks before it ships out. will keep posted when it ships.

Let me know if you wanted nickel or antique brass.

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
@@Bostoneo 70
@@Sweemzander 1
@@ak2000 2
@@Gary 3
@@Prine 2

these will FINALLY be shipping soon

I should explain that part of the delay has been that I did a complete, finished edge on all 80 of these for you. I normally send these out with a partial edge (meaning, the edges are beveled, so they're neat, but, unwaxed). However, since you will be using these to display your pipes (and because you're a loyal customer), I thought it would look better to do a full, proper, finished edge. : )

Hope you find the extra effort worth the wait. I feel good sending these to you knowing they will be in excellent shape for years to come. I should have tracking info for you in the next day or so. Thanks again, my friend, and I'll be in touch soon.

Frank @

Sorringowlandsons.com