What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Xikar warranty bitch/rant

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Ugh why did Xikar change their warranty? Can no longer just go to a retailer and turn in your items for an exchange/return. Now have to go to their website register online *even though I already have an account* then have to find my particular item I want to send back *Stratosphere*, THEN I have to wait for a special # and instructions for mailing it back.....ugh.

Why can't I just send it back along with a nice love letter of what is wrong with the item? Quite an inconvenience.

Ok bitch/rant over......move along

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Figures, dumb-ass BloodWood had no idea a simple retail exchange was available.
I've sent two punch cutters back in the past for 'sharpening'.
Of course, they returned a brand new cutter each time.

Used to be able to take em in and they would happily exchange or replace and they would ship back to Xikar........I heard what Xikar would do was they would repair items and then send them to the troops, which is awesome, not sure they do that anymore though.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Havent sent anything back lately, but as of last year, their warranty was pretty good. Send it in, get a replacement in 10 days or so.....
Shitty if that's changed now.....

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Sounds like a dirty burner.
Drink a few cups of coffee, then watch this dude on cleaning a lighter.
Careful, his monotone voice and less than enthusiastic mannerisms will put you to sleep.

If it's really gunked up I use a combination of alcohol, Q-tips and toothpicks to remove the crap.

Thanks for the link, I will try that as well.

I tried this method, and now my shits fucked up

Wookie

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The good thing I've found with Xikar is they honor their warranty. I have returned at least 5-6 lighters over the years, always by mail now, and I've always received the same or an upgrade from them. The RMA process is def a bigger PITA, but I don't know any other lighter companies who stand behind their products as well as these guys.