What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Today's Cheese

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
San Joaquin Gold Cheese
This is a new artisan cheese made by Fiscalini Farms of Modesto, California. It is semi-hard with a natural rind and a sweet, salty, buttery taste. The uniqueness of San Joaquin Gold impressed us in both its flavor and texture. Made from unpasteurized milk from Fiscalini's own herd of 1,400 Holstein cows, it is a wonderful cheese for snacking, but can also be used as a topping for soups or salads. In addition, it grates well and melts easliy. Use it on hot or cold sandwiches or as a Caesar salad garnish.

sanjoaquingold_1024x1024.jpg

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
Cahill's Farm Cheddar Cheese
Located in County Limerick and recognized as the originator of fine Irish cheese, Marion Cahill of Cahill's Farm has developed an interesting range of flavored cheddars. Using a base of tangy Irish cheddar, she has experimented with a variety of flavors and has come up with some very popular combinations.
  • Porter: This brown waxed gourmet cheese truckle is the original and definitive Irish Plain Porter Cheese. Each brown waxed truckle is individually handcrafted with plain Irish porter. This cheese is perfect as an hors d’oeuvre when sliced and served with a tossed salad. It is equally as good when served as a centerpiece on an after dinner cheese board.
cahill_porter_1024x1024.jpg

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
oh ya i am, worked through a 14lb wheel of racelette and some 7lb wheels of manchego lately. Igourmet has gotten kind of more pricer as of late, ranging $8-$20 for 8oz of real artisan cheese, so i just goto Aldi anymore and pickup a huge variety of cheese for a good value. Friend recently gifted me a 5lb wheel of Kerrygold Irish WHisky cheddar, hopefully that one is good, havnt tried it yet.

Another cool site i found was for "bread cheese", the kind you fry in a skillet to brown it and it gets all warm and gooey without loosing its form and melting all over the place. Baked Cheese | Keto Cheese | GOOD Cheese | THE BIG MOO CHEESE

1710266606556.png

oh ya i am, worked through a 14lb wheel of racelette and some 7lb wheels of manchego lately. Igourmet has gotten kind of more pricer as of late, ranging $8-$20 for 8oz of real artisan cheese, so i just goto Aldi anymore and pickup a huge variety of cheese for a good value. Friend recently gifted me a 5lb wheel of Kerrygold Irish WHisky cheddar, hopefully that one is good, havnt tried it yet.

Another cool site i found was for "bread cheese", the kind you fry in a skillet to brown it and it gets all warm and gooey without loosing its form and melting all over the place. Baked Cheese | Keto Cheese | GOOD Cheese | THE BIG MOO CHEESE

View attachment 21846
Oh damn...those all look soooo good!

I can't believe I missed out on this place while living in SF.:cry: Old school italian delicatessen's are getting harder and harder to come by nowadays.
When I was a kid, the old italians always ate cheddar or provolone and salami on a slice of sourdough. So damn good!
Some great products here....thanks for the link!

Last edited:

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
Really good cheese but it has like crystals or something around the edges. ???
View attachment 21896
crystals or that crunchiness is the sign of a well aged cheese

Cheese crystals are formed over time by the breakdown of fats and proteins. Fats and proteins bond together in chains when cheese is formed. As the cheese ages, the protein detaches from the fat, leaving behind small crunchy crystals that you see.
~google