What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Today’s Workout

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
5/11 - Rest day - stretch, 10 rope chinups, 20 pullups, foam roller
5/12 - Public Assistance Project #9
5/14 - Public Assistance Project #10
5/15 - Rest day - 25 rope chinups, 25 pullups
5/16 - Public Assistance Project #11, as well as randomly doing some slam ball stuff throughout the day.

Link to The Public Assistance Project

MikeNice81

Rothschild
I had leg day and chest/shoulder day since the last time I posted. It was brutal and left me so sore that today I decided I needed a pump at work to get blood in there and help the DOMS. Somebody had broken the cables on every machine and ripped the pulleys down.

My body is not ready for back and full body day.

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had leg day and chest/shoulder day since the last time I posted. It was brutal and left me so sore that today I decided I needed a pump at work to get blood in there and help the DOMS. Somebody had broken the cables on every machine and ripped the pulleys down.

My body is not ready for back and full body day.
Wow, what would possess someone to do that?

MikeNice81

Rothschild
Wow, what would possess someone to do that?

I have no idea. They say stuff like that happens every couple of years. It isn't uncommon to come in and find the little carabiners stolen off of the free trainer machine or attachments missing though.

The company has basically said they are going to stop replacing parts and fixing equipment if it keeps happening.

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have no idea. They say stuff like that happens every couple of years. It isn't uncommon to come in and find the little carabiners stolen off of the free trainer machine or attachments missing though.

The company has basically said they are going to stop replacing parts and fixing equipment if it keeps happening.
It sucks when idiots blow it for everyone else.

MikeNice81

Rothschild
Today

Hammer Strength Iso Row - 10-8-6 rep warm up set, 10x3

Assisted Pull-up - 1 warm up set, 4*10 switching grip on each set

Hammer Strength Shrug- Reverse drop set warm up, 10*2, 12 rep -> 8 reps drop set

Smith Machine Rows - 1 warm up set, 3x10

Preacher Curl Machine - 4 sets with same weight but dropping rest by 15 seconds between each set

Single Arm Cable Curls - Drop set going down three plates on the stack, Go to failure switching arms after each set and no full rest, Same with dual five second isometric holds on each rep

I threw out the programmed rep and set scheme because I had to switch up my exercise order and equipment due to the crowd. The switch made it hard to get a real feel for how much weight to use. So, I opted for volume and intensity methods.

MikeNice81

Rothschild
IMG_20210523_125408_01.jpg
Old School Cool

I didn't really keep a log that would make sense today. I was in a shitty mood and just decided to add 10lbs to everything. If that wasn't hard enough, add more. When I got 3 working sets of 10, I kept adding weight until 8 reps was an RPE of 8.5-9.

Five Minute Elliptical Warm Up
Seated Leg Curl
Power Squat
Seated Leg Extension
Laying Hamstring Curl
Iso Lateral Leg Extensions (To failure and then switch leg, continue alternating until complete failure.)

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
View attachment 16313
Old School Cool

I didn't really keep a log that would make sense today. I was in a shitty mood and just decided to add 10lbs to everything. If that wasn't hard enough, add more. When I got 3 working sets of 10, I kept adding weight until 8 reps was an RPE of 8.5-9.

Five Minute Elliptical Warm Up
Seated Leg Curl
Power Squat
Seated Leg Extension
Laying Hamstring Curl
Iso Lateral Leg Extensions (To failure and then switch leg, continue alternating until complete failure.)
Hell yeah man!

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
5/17
Mix It Up

40 mace front pendulums
40 mace rear pendulums
40 mace 10-2's
40 mace 360's
--
Slam ball agility drills
Throw slam ball, sprint to landing, turn, repeat.
Throw slam ball high in the air, run to catch it, repeat.

5/18
Foam roller

5/20
Public Assistance Project #12

5/21
Chest, triceps, delts

All schemes are 3x10
Flat bench, close grip bench, incline bench, chest fly's, chest dip's, skullcrushers, tricep extensions, front raises, side lat raises

5/23
Biceps, back, traps

All schemes are 3x10, except pullups which are to failure
Bicep curl, hammer curl, concentration curl, pullups, lat pulldowns, bent-over row, wrist curl, dumbbell shrugs, barbell shrugs

The new plan is going to be free weights at the gym Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
The Public Assistance Project will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Sunday no planned training, but also no sitting around on my ass!

MikeNice81

Rothschild
Thursday was chest, shoulders, and triceps.

Friday was back and biceps with a 1.4 mile hike later in the day.

Saturday was short weighted carries with a kettle bell. I did suitcase carries followed by a "goblet" carry using both hands.

MikeNice81

Rothschild
Legs
Seated Leg Curl - 3 warm up sets, 3*10, +20%*10 reps

Power Squat - Started with a medium weight warm up set of ten and keep going up until you can only do eight. Eight sets total.

Seated Leg Extension - 1 warm up set of six, 2*12, 2*11 (Last week I could only get eight with that weight.)

Prone Leg Curl - 1 warmup, 2*10, 1*8 with a few partials

Iso Leg Extension - Alternating legs starting with the left and going to failure on that side. Then two less on the right. Keep going until only capable of two on the left. This is designed to address size and strength differences.

Five minutes on the stair climber at a slow pace to force body weight single leg squats/lunges.

Last edited:

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last Week

5/24 -
Public Assistance Project #13

5/25 - Gym/Shoulders, Legs: Barbell squat, leg press, leg extension, calf machine, lunges, farmer's walk, seated oh press, shoulder press machine, reverse fly, standing oh press, face pulls

5/27 - Public Assistance Project #14

5/28 - Gym/Chest, tri, delts: Flat bench, close grip bench, incline bench, chest fly's, chest dip's, skullcrushers, tricep extensions, front raises, side lat raises

5/29 - Gym/Biceps, back, traps: Bicep curl, hammer curl, concentration curl, pullups, lat pulldowns, bent-over row, wrist curl, seated dumbbell shrugs, barbell shrugs

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last Week

5/31 -
Public Assistance Project #15

6/1 - 1-mile run, 9:00. Heavy bag: 3 min rounds, :30 sec rest, 8 rounds. Each round focuses on different techniques; jabs, jab/cross, combos beginning with the power hand, regular combos, punch/duck/punch, close fighting (no more than 12" from the bag), footwork combos, endurance fighting.

6/3 - Gym/Shoulder, legs

6/5 - 100 burpees

This past week was total shit for workouts, but I still managed to get 4 days in.
They weren't pretty, and were all over the place, but I'll take it.
To be clear though, even on off days I am still off my butt and moving around!

MikeNice81

Rothschild
I haven't been in about two weeks. I've been having issues with my shoulder freezing up. Range of motion is limited and there is some nagging pain.