What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Tobacco Storage

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Since there are at least 2 noob pipe smokers on here now, @Glassman, thanks to @Bostoneo, lets talk about pipe baccy and storage.
I would assume not with my cigars for cross flavoring. How do you guys store the shit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
Mason jars if you have a lot of one blend. Samples just store them air tight in the baggie. You don’t need to constantly humidify like cigars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
So another newb pipe tobacco storage question. I move all my blends I bought that were just bagged to jars. For unopened Tins, are they good to just store in the tins?

D.L.Ruth

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use small Bell jars for mine, can fit about 2 Oz in one. Perfect size for what I have. If I haven't opened the tin I just leave it in there, they are sealed.

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I’ve got a variety of quart, pint and jelly jars at the moment and I’m sure those will work well. Just wasn’t sure about the tins and if I needed to keep them in a Tupperware or such. It’s dry here in western colorado

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Super dry here in MN during the cold ass winter. How long can I keep tobacco in opened tins?

Stupid Tapatalk

ColdSmoke

Surgeon General
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Once I open a tin, I pretty much transfer the contents to a small mason jar immediately.
I have about twenty open tins at a time in my rotation so some get smoked a lot more frequently than others.

Gary

Diadema
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Good question. I do not have any mason jars, i dont plan to get any and i wouldnt have anywhere to put them. As of a few weeks ago, i opened up my ammo can that ive been storing all the pipe backy in, some of it is very dry, others are just as moist as ive gotten them. They are all in pouches and bags so i figured a buffer wouldnt hurt. I stuck in 2 small boveda 69% in there. Getting use to setting out to dry, id rather the stuff stay fresh until used instead of drying and risking flavor loss? Am i ok ya think? Just smoked a nowl of ps turkish and it lit and stayed lit the entire bowl, so im going to just keep as is for now. A lower rh pack would be great but im not itching to buy one, maybe when my humidors need a pack change.....