What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

The what are you drinking today thread.

Hari Seldon

Petite Lancero
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Any opinions on willet rye? I’m in CA and a shop has a bottle for 60$ which seems like a steal
Not a huge fan, I've only tried two bottles of the family estate line (one bourbon one rye). Most of the bottles I've seen are so young, ryes 4-6 years, bourbons 6-7 years or generally even less aged and the two I tried tasted as young as they were. Maybe I just got two really bad barrels as they sell on secondary for big bucks so I'm probably missing something.

For $60 though I would say take a shot.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Hari Seldon

Petite Lancero
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Single barrel Knob Creek Rye.
79a1515549c6a8787a452c55745ae35f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

WestCoastIPA

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the same Stone off the I-15?
First off, what’s up brother!

Yup, Stone’s main brewery is in Escondido, right off the 15. They have several smaller locations all over Southern California. The one closest to me is in Pasadena. I can jump on the Metro Train and it drops me off right at their front door, lol.

WestCoastIPA

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes two places 'we'll' have to hit up.
WA has a great selection of crafts, but CA has us beat on tap rooms.
Stone in Escondido is a must see. They have a great outdoor area/garden to relax in and enjoy some great craft beer. They have a nice bistro there too, although most of the stuff on the menu have exotic, or at least not normal ingredients. Just give me a normal hamburger, you’re a brewery, haha! Great spot though.