What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Problems with New Router

Almi

Corona
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What I have is a TP Link Archer AX21 v1.20/ AX 1800. The router almost triples my cable speed vs my old Linksys WRT 54GL. The problem is my wife works from home and has a Netgear Gigabyte switch and a Cisco Meraki MX64W. She has an Avaya IP phone and a thin client for her PC. Everything comes up fine and after an hour it starts to cut out the voice and freeze up the computer screen. Hook up the old Linksys and it all starts to work just fine. The QOS is set to 1000Mbs for up and down.

Is there something I am not checking ?

This Linksys WRT 54 setup has been in use for 9 months with no problems.

I should also add that I first bought an TP Link Archer A7 and had the same issue. All of my cables from the cable modem to the computer are Cat 6. I believe the Cisco product is a VPN to my wifes work.

According to my wifes IT dept. they could see it when doing a continuous ping.

Any and all help would greatly be appreciated !!

Almi

Corona
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I did that right out of the chute. What I have done is removed all wired devices except her work stuff and wired my laptop. Ran a stress test on both and they ran perfect. She worked all day with no problems so now I need to add in the other wired devices until I find the trouble maker. It is nice to have twice the range while still having double the speed of my old router.

Almi

Corona
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
While watching TV the internet went out and the only way to get it back up was to use the old router or at least that is what it seemed like. Wife is working this morning so I can't test. The one thing that I found strange is when we tested speeds from her thin client it was something like 400Mbps download and when I tested from my wired laptop it was only 90Mbps. Our service is cable and is only 100Mbps service at best.

Why is her VPN so much faster then out internet ?

Today with the old router it is something like 20Mbps.