What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Pet thread

Sine-Qua-Non

Lonsdale
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Demosthenes wields the hammer Mjolnir. Other pets are not worthy.

69013b63dd14c7a31f2add379a027a0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cigary

Director of Cynicism Sarcasm and Sardonic response
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are our precious boys we lost....Norman on the left and Columbo on the right.( Columbo is the Avatar ID on here )..miss them terribly. ... recently got another rescue a couple of months ago....Gus....he's a pup mix of Pit and Boxer.

boys.jpg

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
These are our precious boys we lost....Norman on the left and Columbo on the right.( Columbo is the Avatar ID on here )..miss them terribly. ... recently got another rescue a couple of months ago....Gus....he's a pup mix of Pit and Boxer.

View attachment 5769
Sorry for your loss brother. I feel your pain. All our dogs (and cat) are rescue animals. I often wonder who needed rescuing in these relationships. Cried like a little bitch when my 11 YO female Dobie died. Then, our little heeler pup showed up out of the blue. Currently have a big Male blue Dobie that's scared of his own shadow, but sweet as can be, a blue Heeler a friend found wandering the streets @ around 6 weeks old, and a schnauzer mix that's smart as can be, but socially awkward. Then theres the barn cat my daughter drug home from where she kept her show lambs. I live in a zoo. I'll post current pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

Cigary

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss brother. I feel your pain. All our dogs (and cat) are rescue animals. I often wonder who needed rescuing in these relationships. Cried like a little bitch when my 11 YO female Dobie died. Then, our little heeler pup showed up out of the blue. Currently have a big Male blue Dobie that's scared of his own shadow, but sweet as can be, a blue Heeler a friend found wandering the streets @ around 6 weeks old, and a schnauzer mix that's smart as can be, but socially awkward. Then theres the barn cat my daughter drug home from where she kept her show lambs. I live in a zoo. I'll post current pics tomorrow.
Don't feel bad showing the emotional burden of losing your 4 legged children...we lost Norman after 12 years to a myriad of health issues and couldn't justify keeping him alive...he had no quality of life but his last day was filled with love and joy...a full-on McDonald's Happy Meal...chocolate shake... Hershey's bar and 1/2 hour early to later he was gone. We cried as hard as we've ever cried over our boy and he was most deserving of those tears..we held nothing back for hours. His big brother Columbo..with his own cancers stopped eating days later and we couldn't do anything for him. Within a couple of more days we made the impossible decision to let him go, too. We thought there were no more tears left...we were wrong as we collapsed into each other holding him for along time saying our last goodbyes....they were worthy of our emotions. 3 weeks later a Rescue Pittie ...Maddy ...came into our lives when everything was so dark...she literally saved us from total and utter grief as she took care of our souls....nursed us 24/7 for the next few weeks as if she knew our hearts were broken...gently licked our faces...laid her big head next to ours and never left our side. She is God's most gentle creature and brought us back and saved us... it's as if she knew everything and would sniff the area of the house where Normy and Columbo passed and would lay in the exact spot for minutes at a time...then come over and comfort us and gently kiss us... I tell ya it was nothing less than a miracle as to what took place for the next week or so that she took care of us. We rescued our next Pittie.....Gus...a pup to....2 months ago and Maddie takes care of him now like she takes care of us....dogs are amazing creatures and true to form....man's best friend....you better believe it. We also have 4 cats that are amazing as well and we'll never be without our Rescue family.

Last edited:

presa_dad

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is Squishy, he's a rescued Perro de Presa Canario. We've had him for nine years and he is by far the most amazing dog I've ever had.
20190904_065111.jpg

This is Mavis our English Bull Terrier. She has been with us for a year and is a rescue as well. She has been a challenge as she spent the first two years of her life living outside neglected. She didn't really even know how to dog when we got her, but Squishy has been teaching her the way and she's coming around. The crazy bull terrier personality has emerged as well.
20180915_123746.jpg

Cigary

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For everyone who has "rescued" your pets....Thank You So Much! You have done more in that one selfless act than you know ( well, you probably do ) but you've saved a life and better'd your own and this is important for those of us who love our pets. I love this section of the Forum as I see people dedicated to doing good things...seeing their pets and their stories and Dog/Cat people are among the best of humanity....redeems my faith when Society tends to be terrible these days.

Matt_21

Petite Lancero
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is Squishy, he's a rescued Perro de Presa Canario. We've had him for nine years and he is by far the most amazing dog I've ever had.
View attachment 5804

This is Mavis our English Bull Terrier. She has been with us for a year and is a rescue as well. She has been a challenge as she spent the first two years of her life living outside neglected. She didn't really even know how to dog when we got her, but Squishy has been teaching her the way and she's coming around. The crazy bull terrier personality has emerged as well.
View attachment 5805
Wow. That Bull Terrier really knows how to give the crazy eye.

Great pics

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So, this is PeeWee, our rescue Dobie. He is around 7yo, and has a thyroid condition that made him lose most of his hair, although his hair was the same color of his skin, so he doesn't look too bad at first glance. Sweet as can be, but scared of everything. Has tons of scars along his body, so we suspect he was abused. We've had him around 5 years...20190906_174501.jpg

And this is Trixie, our 4yo blue Heeler. Not sure if she's purebred or not. Doesn't matter, as shes is the most perfect all around dog we've ever had. Found her wandering the streets as a pup. Smart as a whip, and loves a frisbee. Only downside is she sheds horribly. Internet searches say Heelers only "blow" their coats twice a year. Must be daytime and nighttime. I love this little girl with all my heart.
20190906_174536.jpg

20190906_190143.jpg

And here is our "barn cat". Daughter showed lambs and goats all through school, and the place we kept the animals, a momma cat had a litter. She brought this girl home. Her name is Sadie, and she almost a year old. She is the sweetest cat I've ever had, and I've had a bunch.
20190906_174601.jpg

I'll have to get a pic of our schnauzer mix later. He's a grumpy little guy that we inherited from my in-laws. Smart little guy, just socially awkward. ..

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, I love all our pets immensely, but Trixie has a special place in my heart.

Last edited: