What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

One month in

dylantaylor059

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
After about the last month starting to build a collection this is where I’m at it’s mostly inexpensive bundle sticks but I think I got a few good ones in there probably picking up a couple more today!
ab8f6cf66199246ec984598e200c90f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dylantaylor059

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If I could make a suggestion, stick with buying singles or maybe fiver’s for a while, it’s likely that your taste will change quite a bit over the next year or so. The what are you smoking threads are a great place to get ideas also!

Thanks for the advice! I’m trying to try a bit of everything. I’ve been smoking on and off for the past few years but just recently decided to dive into it as an actual hobby!

jasonatjl

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Any recommendations of sticks I should try?

Have @Bostoneo send you a sampler, best advice I could give. I overbought a bunch of crap when I first started smoking, and samplers really helped to narrow down my first palette preference.

Beyond that, as Tom mentioned, don’t bother spending money on cheap smokes. They serve a purpose, but you’ll save a lot of money and time by jumping over the garbage and going to the midrange.

Good beginner budget sticks include:

Illusione Rothchildes
Brickhouse Robusto (not Fuma)
Fuente Hemingway Short Story
Black Label Trading - Killer Bee
Warped - Corto X46
Tatuaje Tattoo, Havana VI
My Father - Flor de las Antilles, Le Bijou 1922, Don Pepin Blue
Dunbarton Tobacco - Mi Querida, Sobremesa
Laranja Espinosa (Orange Band)

And the list goes on. Most of these can be found for $5-7 a smoke, with a little patience and searching.

Cigarpage.com and Cigarmonster.com are some good resources.

dylantaylor059

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have @Bostoneo send you a sampler, best advice I could give. I overbought a bunch of crap when I first started smoking, and samplers really helped to narrow down my first palette preference.

Beyond that, as Tom mentioned, don’t bother spending money on cheap smokes. They serve a purpose, but you’ll save a lot of money and time by jumping over the garbage and going to the midrange.

Good beginner budget sticks include:

Illusione Rothchildes
Brickhouse Robusto (not Fuma)
Fuente Hemingway Short Story
Black Label Trading - Killer Bee
Warped - Corto X46
Tatuaje Tattoo, Havana VI
My Father - Flor de las Antilles, Le Bijou 1922, Don Pepin Blue
Dunbarton Tobacco - Mi Querida, Sobremesa
Laranja Espinosa (Orange Band)

And the list goes on. Most of these can be found for $5-7 a smoke, with a little patience and searching.

Cigarpage.com and Cigarmonster.com are some good resources.

Awesome thank you so much I’ll see if I can find some of those and give them a try

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m going to suggest what others have and skip the budget sticks in favor of something mid-range or better.
However, this is my philosophy for life.
I may not have a lot of $$, but the things I do choose to spend it on follow that logic.

dylantaylor059

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m going to suggest what others have and skip the budget sticks in favor of something mid-range or better.
However, this is my philosophy for life.
I may not have a lot of $$, but the things I do choose to spend it on follow that logic.

I have definitely taken the advice into account and have been buying nicer sticks I have a couple budget sticks I really enjoy and keep around but most of my buys lately have been nice sticks aside from restocking