What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

no longer accepting PayPal

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
I will no longer be using PayPal as they have unfair business practices in the way they handled a claim of mine. Any future payments that go to my personal account cannot be refunded or counted as a payment if you send it there.

Short story, I’ve been screwed over twice by scammers on eBay who essentially get a double refund and a “free” item. PayPal and eBay customer service has been unwilling to work with me to resolve the issues and have left me in the dark. Reports to the BBB have gone unresolved as well

do not send my normal paypal account any payments at all. I will however except other payment methods such as zelle or venmo.

@@Omerta @@Sweemzander @xjsnake @@Hollyvvood @@nc_6789 @@qpzmide @@kcmontie @@Lapithicus @@TheFlask @stuffedsloth @@Opie @@Cocker_dude @kingpin @@Hari Seldon @@patrickh44231 @option240 @@Hopduro @@Rod707 @travisc @@A Huge Nerd @srduggins @merovius @@Navyvet @btubes18 @@Robertsndr68 @@ak2000 @@BradMc @cricken @@Almi @ginoc @@irratebass @lfod @@Squaresoft @happy idiot @@Spenny @@Genuine @@UPTOWNSMOKE @opforty @@UPTOWNSMOKE @@StogieNinja @@jasonatjl @fozgate @@JG358 @@Glassman @@Unpossible_1 @@jvd1230 @surfnsafari @@JFiz @@NOGILLS2 @sharkyziff @@Mikeman84 @apesmokes @@bwhite220 @@Burnaz16 @@cigarMVP @@Prine @erikis35 @sharkyziff @mega2889 @apesmokes @@MikeZ37 @@Lok17 @@GoBISON @fozgate @@Oso-Ish08 @@GiantTurd @@BigFatPanda @@Tyler86 @@Pennywise827 @@mitetak @@Pennywise827 @@Gary @@fisherclive @@Yakcraz @Redneck_toy @Eulogy @SoCal Gunner

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
Zelle is a great alternative supported by most banks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
Sorry for your trouble John. How does someone get away with ripping you off on eBay?

They make a bogus claim with eBay and get a refund. Then they make a bogus claim with PayPal and double up. As long as they have some kind of tracking number that says the package was delivered to me they get refunded

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
That is fucked up. What happened to buyers protection?

That is buyers protection. Sellers protection is a joke however, you’re only covered if you ship to the provided address if “ they didn’t get package”

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
That is buyers protection. Sellers protection is a joke however, you’re only covered if you ship to the provided address if “ they didn’t get package”

Gotcha, I was reading it as a purchase not a return. So really it's PayPal that's screwing you over with the double refund? Really makes no sense.

multi-useless

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You mentioned the BBB - expect nothing from them, the BBB is nothing more than a scam itself. Their A+ ratings are bought - I know because they tried to sell me one a few years ago.

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
Gotcha, I was reading it as a purchase not a return. So really it's PayPal that's screwing you over with the double refund? Really makes no sense.

It would be like returning an item for in-store credit or cash at a store and then disputing it with your credit card

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
Yup. They operate separate however. And its all p2p transfers, no goods/services.

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Well I'm going to have to sign up with one of them, I haven't used either before. You have one you prefer John?