What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Met Ken Griffey, Jr. Today...

bwhite220

Hug Master
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...and I didn't even know it.

I mean, I knew I met a guy at this B&M in Atlanta this afternoon who's name is Ken but I had no idea that I was talking to a man with an illustrative MLB career.

I'm sitting there, minding my own business and the guy sticks his hand out to shake mine.

"Hi, I'm Ken."

"Hey man! I'm Brandon."

And then the natural conversation went from there. Just the 2 of us, hanging out. He's a pretty cool, dude. After he left, I went up to pay for my cigar and drink and the guy said, "You're good, son. Mr. Griffey took care of it for you."

"Who?" I asked trying to put two and two together.

"The gentleman you were talking with. Ken Griffey, Jr." he said with a look on his face as if to say, helloooooooooooo?.

"KEN GRIFFEY, JR.!"

...so anyway, how's your day going?

Lok17

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It was magical. I'll whisper in to your ear about it more at HBH...
I find your insistence on this "story" maddening. I did indeed call my friend, and he did affirm what i said to be true. Jr, doesn't smoke cigars, he just flat out doesn't like them. Furthermore, did you tell this man your name!? I mean did you? Bwhite, cmon. Do you even know that ken griffy jr. Is black? I bet you didn't. You should get your facts in order before you decide to purport a bold face lie to the fine gentlemen of this board? You have been a member for like a week if that and you post this dribble? Go peddle your racism somewhere else my friend. We have no room for hate here!! Bwhite, more like Bgone!

bwhite220

Hug Master
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I find your insistence on this "story" maddening. I did indeed call my friend, and he did affirm what i said to be true. Jr, doesn't smoke cigars, he just flat out doesn't like them. Furthermore, did you tell this man your name!? I mean did you? Bwhite, cmon. Do you even know that ken griffy jr. Is black? I bet you didn't. You should get your facts in order before you decide to purport a bold face lie to the fine gentlemen of this board? You have been a member for like a week if that and you post this dribble? Go peddle your racism somewhere else my friend. We have no room for hate here!! Bwhite, more like Bgone!
Damn it, who took Greg's meds away from him again?

Deep breaths, little buddy. We'll get through this together. I'm your friend. @Pennywise827 is your enemy.

bwhite220

Hug Master
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, stop being so lovable and getting this thread off track, Wes.

Anyway, KGJ was a cool dude. He looked good in this Heather Gray sweater he was wearing. I looked it up and the damn thing was $1,200! I need to play in the MLB...