What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Latest Pipe/Tobacco Purchase

Gary

Diadema
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've been wanting to know the the taste of different types of backy, I think I know a Virginian but couldn't tell you if I was smoking a latika or burley or Cavendish ext. Suppose I could start looking up the brand/flavor and try to figure it out. As for blending I thought they already come blended?

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've been wanting to know the the taste of different types of backy, I think I know a Virginian but couldn't tell you if I was smoking a latika or burley or Cavendish ext. Suppose I could start looking up the brand/flavor and try to figure it out. As for blending I thought they already come blended?
Most do, but you can get just the individual components, and make your own blends! I'm bored, so why not give it a go!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Making plugs!
9a3ca4f5a5335d611108c4a0dd0ab43d.jpg
fb93458365a68ce4eb9757f56fd61070.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Mr. Brookz

Meat Popsicle
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ron does do some amazing work. Saving my pennies for another one of his pipes at some point
Yes he does. I was lucky enough to handle his most recent pieces he has posted on his site. I'd buy his "55" over a Castello any day. And that tugboat he just made. Omg that baby is so much lighter than it looks. They are both superb. I guarantee that if anyone saw them on display in person, they would sell within a day.

Last edited:

Mr. Brookz

Meat Popsicle
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Beautiful pipes!
Thanks. The pot was completely custom. I had dimensions and finish in mind, and Frank had to pour an alumilite (alumalite?) stem to accommodate the width. The Castellos I got from OldCharlie, whom some of you might know. I wasn't in the market, but he gave me a good deal. Now I've got a Waxing Moon pipe cabinet commissioned (doesn't feel right leaving the Great Line in a box, it needs to be displayed)