What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Independent Pipe Maker

el_mustango

Corona
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey all,

It’s been a while since I’ve been active on these forums so I hope everyone is doing well. Truth is, I haven’t really been smoking much these days (cigars or pipes). But, I recently discovered that my grandfather ran a local pipe shop - Vottis Pipe Shop in Amsterdam, NY. I inherited a piece of briarwood from him and I’d like to get it made into a usable pipe. I think it would be a nice tribute to him.

So my question is this: does anyone active on these forums make pipes or does anyone have any suggestions for independent pipe makers who might be willing to make a single pipe for me?

Thanks,
Dan

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
Welcome home! Reaching out to one of the many of the independent pipemakers sounds like a stellar idea. Maybe theres a certain one whos styles you like, of course cutting into the briar you never know what flaws there may be of course.

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Assuming you're in the USA, I would think a pipemaker in the states would be the most economical. I would suggest reaching out to Mark Tinsky, Tim West, Dave Neeb, and Neal Monier to see if any would consider your project. Good luck

P.S. that looks like a hobby block, hopefully the Briar is quality all the way through.

Last edited: