What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Current CCW

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Abolish conceal carry

5b9e0fdcbce61c537a1a4c651f38e91e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Opie

Belicoso
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Why a .40??? Have you handled many shield?? Dislike the grip a lot.
I've held but not shot one. that's the main reason I don't own one yet. I like the size, external safety and I just like .40 cal. truthfully, I probably won't trade in the Ruger, so then I'd have two options for carry.

CT has 10 round mag limits, so caring anything more than a single stack is all but useless.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The grip on the shield is hard for consistently grip, making accuracy a little tricky. The Sig 365 is probably my next 9 CCW. Possibly Nightmare .45?? Don't care for .40, just a more expensive 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here, my go to. nice and small. I want to trade it in for a shield in .40 though. hate the trigger on the ruger
That trigger does suck, but the newer LC9S and LC9S Pro fixes that.. I haven't changed over since FB squashed all the trade pages.. So we're running aftermarket parts. Mine just has a Fort Wayne Tactical kit (springs and stuff).. My wife's has a full Galloway replacement. I think it was called Solomon.. not bad, but the fwt kit is cheap AF, and easy to install.. I think the Galloway was over a hundred..

Opie

Belicoso
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
That trigger does suck, but the newer LC9S and LC9S Pro fixes that.. I haven't changed over since FB squashed all the trade pages.. So we're running aftermarket parts. Mine just has a Fort Wayne Tactical kit (springs and stuff).. My wife's has a full Galloway replacement. I think it was called Solomon.. not bad, but the fwt kit is cheap AF, and easy to install.. I think the Galloway was over a hundred..
I've read a little about those, and still may do that. I held off just because I kind of wanted to put that money towards the shield. this was also about the time I found BOTL, and my play money has been going to other things latley.

Mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read a little about those, and still may do that. I held off just because I kind of wanted to put that money towards the shield. this was also about the time I found BOTL, and my play money has been going to other things latley.
Check out Fort Wayne Tactical.. I think I picked up the kit for around $30 at a show. Took the fun apart, swapped some springs, and boom! All done.. I'd also HIGHLY suggest a stainless steel guide rod as well.. greatly improved handling, much quicker and easier follow up shots.. I think those are about $20..

Eff a shield..😋
If you want a full size combat pistol, check out Beretta 92fs (or m9) 😉

Opie

Belicoso
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Check out Fort Wayne Tactical.. I think I picked up the kit for around $30 at a show. Took the fun apart, swapped some springs, and boom! All done.. I'd also HIGHLY suggest a stainless steel guide rod as well.. greatly improved handling, much quicker and easier follow up shots.. I think those are about $20..

Eff a shield..😋
If you want a full size combat pistol, check out Beretta 92fs (or m9) 😉
I have full size pistols, I'm lookin for another carry gun. the shield is very comparable in size to the LC9