What's new
Society of Smoke

Welcome to Society of Smoke, the premiere gentlemans' site for cigar and pipe tobacco smoking discussion! Please take some time to register with the site and participate in our forum to enjoy features such as being able to post messages, private messages, and live chat.

Current CCW

Opie

Belicoso
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ban safe spaces! 😋

Also, I have a Ruger LC9... But the pic won't load for some reason.
same here, my go to. nice and small. I want to trade it in for a shield in .40 though. hate the trigger on the ruger

Squaresoft

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
bro guns r bad. look at japan... they have no guns and students only kill themselves there not everyone at school

Opie

Belicoso
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Why a .40??? Have you handled many shield?? Dislike the grip a lot.
I've held but not shot one. that's the main reason I don't own one yet. I like the size, external safety and I just like .40 cal. truthfully, I probably won't trade in the Ruger, so then I'd have two options for carry.

CT has 10 round mag limits, so caring anything more than a single stack is all but useless.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
The grip on the shield is hard for consistently grip, making accuracy a little tricky. The Sig 365 is probably my next 9 CCW. Possibly Nightmare .45?? Don't care for .40, just a more expensive 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here, my go to. nice and small. I want to trade it in for a shield in .40 though. hate the trigger on the ruger
That trigger does suck, but the newer LC9S and LC9S Pro fixes that.. I haven't changed over since FB squashed all the trade pages.. So we're running aftermarket parts. Mine just has a Fort Wayne Tactical kit (springs and stuff).. My wife's has a full Galloway replacement. I think it was called Solomon.. not bad, but the fwt kit is cheap AF, and easy to install.. I think the Galloway was over a hundred..

Opie

Belicoso
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That trigger does suck, but the newer LC9S and LC9S Pro fixes that.. I haven't changed over since FB squashed all the trade pages.. So we're running aftermarket parts. Mine just has a Fort Wayne Tactical kit (springs and stuff).. My wife's has a full Galloway replacement. I think it was called Solomon.. not bad, but the fwt kit is cheap AF, and easy to install.. I think the Galloway was over a hundred..
I've read a little about those, and still may do that. I held off just because I kind of wanted to put that money towards the shield. this was also about the time I found BOTL, and my play money has been going to other things latley.

Mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read a little about those, and still may do that. I held off just because I kind of wanted to put that money towards the shield. this was also about the time I found BOTL, and my play money has been going to other things latley.
Check out Fort Wayne Tactical.. I think I picked up the kit for around $30 at a show. Took the fun apart, swapped some springs, and boom! All done.. I'd also HIGHLY suggest a stainless steel guide rod as well.. greatly improved handling, much quicker and easier follow up shots.. I think those are about $20..

Eff a shield..😋
If you want a full size combat pistol, check out Beretta 92fs (or m9) 😉

Opie

Belicoso
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Check out Fort Wayne Tactical.. I think I picked up the kit for around $30 at a show. Took the fun apart, swapped some springs, and boom! All done.. I'd also HIGHLY suggest a stainless steel guide rod as well.. greatly improved handling, much quicker and easier follow up shots.. I think those are about $20..

Eff a shield..😋
If you want a full size combat pistol, check out Beretta 92fs (or m9) 😉
I have full size pistols, I'm lookin for another carry gun. the shield is very comparable in size to the LC9